ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for baby born recently

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

eduleal

ILR for baby born recently

Post by eduleal » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:13 pm

Hi all,
Hope you can help:

My baby was born in the UK in Feb and my wife & I will be eligible for ILR from late November. We're waiting for premium appointments to be available in order to apply then.

Original plan was to wait for our ILR before getting the baby a British passport.

However, as we're very eager to travel home in Feb/2018, would we be able to consider any ILR dependent visa for the baby (applying with us, as baby has a Brazilian passport) before applying for naturalisation? Or is that basically the only route available?

Thanks so much,
Eduardo

srsw

Re: ILR for baby born recently

Post by srsw » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:10 am

I believe the baby can apply as your tier 2 dependant.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:39 am

Include baby in parents’ ILR application or register baby after a parent is granted ILR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

eduleal

Post by eduleal » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:41 am

Thanks both.
So it seems I need to get a tier 2 dependant visa first before the child can apply together with us for ILR - which doesn't really solve the problem. Is that a correct assessment?

tamoni

Post by tamoni » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:49 am

Hmmm.. not sure why u would want to spend that much money...
Our son was born in December 2016 and I got ILR in August 2018, so in September 2018 we applied for Registation as British Citizen for him (around £1012 - MN1 form), he got certificate 2 weeks ago and now we r applying for his British passport.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:14 am

eduleal wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:41 am
Thanks both.
So it seems I need to get a tier 2 dependant visa first before the child can apply together with us for ILR - which doesn't really solve the problem. Is that a correct assessment?
No.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

tamoni

Post by tamoni » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:55 pm

tamoni wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:49 am
Our son was born in December 2016 and I got ILR in August 2018, so in September 2018 we applied for Registation as British Citizen for him (around £1012 - MN1 form), he got certificate 2 weeks ago and now we r applying for his British passport.
I need to add that since his birth my son didnt have any UK visa, neither did i include him in my application for ILR. Plus it was also advised by solicitor... u will anyway end up applying for ur child's registration as BC soon after either of u get ILR... so why to pay for his ILR if u can skip it.

eduleal

Post by eduleal » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:25 pm

tamoni wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:49 am
It was purely to make sure we could travel for Christmas, but indeed it's too much money. So registration with the MN1 form seems to have been processed pretty quickly? How long did it take overall? Are there any fast track options for this or methods of applying that are typically faster?

Many thanks!

tamoni

Post by tamoni » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:32 pm

sorry just saw your post....we were advised it will take 4-6 months on average, however it took 1 month. we applied on 7th of September, documents were sent on Monday 10th of September. and we recieved Certificate by post that was dated 8th of October, so practically even less than 1 month.