ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Private British Citizenship ceremony - URGENT

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

submon

Private British Citizenship ceremony - URGENT

Post by submon » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:55 am

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if any of you guys know if it is possible to arrange for a private British citizenship ceremony in the Wakefield, Leeds or Sheffield council.

I have been given November 21 for my public ceremony, but it is too late to go without having a passport as I may need to travel soon.

So I was wondering if anyone knows if private ceremonies are held and how much it costs.

Casa

Re: Private British Citizenship ceremony - URGENT

Post by Casa » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:09 am

submon wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:55 am
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if any of you guys know if it is possible to arrange for a private British citizenship ceremony in the Wakefield, Leeds or Sheffield council.

I have been given November 21 for my public ceremony, but it is too late to go without having a passport as I may need to travel soon.

So I was wondering if anyone knows if private ceremonies are held and how much it costs.
Why not call them and ask about availability? :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

submon

Post by submon » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:12 am

It is Sunday today, so closed..;-(

equitydealer
Member of Standing

Post by equitydealer » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:32 pm

How about calling them tomorrow?
My comments do not constitute immigration advice, if in doubt consult an immigration adviser/solicitor

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:35 pm

Also note that it is not as simple as simply changing location attending another council for a ceremony (mentioning as you state Wakefield Leeds and sheffield, which presumably are two different councils).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rikabi

Post by rikabi » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:40 pm

I know it's possible in leeds however you have to wait for a call back usually and it cost £150 so we didn't go ahead with it in the end

epi

Post by epi » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:47 pm

By the way, does anybody knows if the private ceremony is £150 for arranging the ceremony or it is for every person attending? Not very clear about that...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:26 pm

epi wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:47 pm
By the way, does anybody knows if the private ceremony is £150 for arranging the ceremony or it is for every person attending? Not very clear about that...
Private ceremony costs vary per council, it is not a generic set price. My understanding is that each person has to pay.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Tier1G09
India

Post by Tier1G09 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:47 am

Private ceremony cost is per person, my council was charging £100 per person. They quoted £200 for myself and my wife.