ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR with driving offence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mohamed Maklad
Newly Registered
Egypt

ILR with driving offence

Post by Mohamed Maklad » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:01 pm

I will apply for ILR this month after 5 years on tier two visa. I had driving offence for parking on pedestrian crossing on 01/02/2018. I received a single justice procedure notice for which I plead guilty. I was not asked to present to the court. On 30/07/2018, the court sent me Fine 330£ and 3 points on my licence. I paid the fine in due time. How will this affect my ILR application? Regards

Mohamed Maklad
Newly Registered
Egypt

Re: ILR with driving offence

Post by Mohamed Maklad » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:02 pm

Mohamed Maklad wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:01 pm
I will apply for ILR this month after 5 years on tier two visa. I had driving offence for parking on pedestrian crossing on 01/02/2018. I received a single justice procedure notice for which I plead guilty. I was not asked to present to the court. On 30/07/2018, the court sent me Fine 330£ and 3 points on my licence. I paid the fine in due time. How will this affect my ILR application? Regards

equitydealer
Member of Standing

Re: ILR with driving offence

Post by equitydealer » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:15 pm

You need to declare road traffic offences apart from speeding and parking tickets dealt with by way of a FPN. SJPs therefore need to be declared as they are not the same as FPNs (usually for more serious offences or issued when FPNs are ignored).

What impact it will have is hard to say, you paid the fine and it’s not a recurring issue so that should count in your favour.
My comments do not constitute immigration advice, if in doubt consult an immigration adviser/solicitor