ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

GNIB appointments don't leave enough time to apply for EU1

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ryuzaki

GNIB appointments don't leave enough time to apply for EU1

Post by ryuzaki » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:27 am

My wife recently arrived in Ireland as the spouse of an EEA citizen. We are trying to get her a residency card via EU1, but for that you need a PPS number, and to get a PPS number you need a GNIB card.

The earliest appointment for a GNIB card is in December, and it takes at least a week to come, and then the PPS number takes at least a week too. I don't think there is enough time to get it all sorted and apply for the EU1 and get the stamp before her visitor visa expires on January 1st.

I emailed the INIS Registration office in Dublin. Is there anything else we can do? Can we use a different office maybe? We live in Greystones so Dublin is our nearest office I think.

Thanks.

WaterWrit
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: GNIB appointments don't leave enough time to apply for EU1

Post by WaterWrit » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:37 am

I believe that new appointments are freed up daily, as people cancel. I can only suggest camping on the appointment page like a hawk, refreshing regularly, and jump on the first slot you see.

ryuzaki

Post by ryuzaki » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:00 am

Yeah, that's what I'm doing. But assuming I was only able to get an appointment for December...

BabyJane
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by BabyJane » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:09 pm

Get help from someone who's good with computers. What a lot of people do is attach a web add-in onto the inis page, which lets them automatically show and book available appointments. There's loads on google about it.

ryuzaki

Post by ryuzaki » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:55 pm

As we are outside of Dublin we can actually use a Guarda station. I'm going to arrange the appointment on Sunday by phone.

Anyone thinking of coming to Ireland, avoid Dublin or at least book your GNIB appointment 2-3 months in advance!