ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Expiry date on ILR (Residence Permit Card)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

adkenneth02
Newly Registered
South Africa

Expiry date on ILR (Residence Permit Card)

Post by adkenneth02 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:41 am

I looked online and found a website offering services to gain your ILR. I already have mine, but on the site they state that once you have your ILR you will never have to apply for ILR again which I found strange since my ILR has an expiry date on. What happens after its expired? If I can't afford to get my British Citizenship at the time of expiry, do I have to pay to have it renewed, is it not supposed to be Indefinite?

Can someone help please
Many thanks

trilobite1981
Mood:

Re: Expiry date on ILR (Residence Permit Card)

Post by trilobite1981 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:46 am

I think at the time of expiration of your existing ILR you need to renew the BRP. You don’t need to go through the ILR application process again.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Expiry date on ILR (Residence Permit Card)

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:06 am

adkenneth02 wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:41 am
I looked online and found a website offering services to gain your ILR. I already have mine, but on the site they state that once you have your ILR you will never have to apply for ILR again which I found strange since my ILR has an expiry date on. What happens after its expired? If I can't afford to get my British Citizenship at the time of expiry, do I have to pay to have it renewed, is it not supposed to be Indefinite?

Can someone help please
Many thanks
The BRP card expires, not the ILR status (unless you are absent fro 2 or more years, so yes ILR is lost in certain circumstances). You simply renew the card, like a drivers licence for example.

Please also don't fall for 'website offering services' of this and that etc. You don't need them to do these applications. HO website has all the information required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.