ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

After receiving the British passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ootum04
Newly Registered

After receiving the British passport

Post by ootum04 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:11 am

Hi Guys,

I have a few concerns. Just want to know few answers of my questions below.. many many thanks in adv.

1) after getting your naturalisation & British passport eventually, can I leave in other commonwealth country for as long as i want and this won’t takes my right or my passport away!!! Coz there was a section on AN form where they asked you, in which country you want live etc?

2) am having my citizenship ceremony in a month time, can I travel for a week on holiday with my actual passport & Resident permit card coz I done my application through NCS. Is there gonna any problem when I am returning back!!!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: After receiving the British passport

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:30 am

ootum04 wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:11 am
Hi Guys,

I have a few concerns. Just want to know few answers of my questions below.. many many thanks in adv.

1) after getting your naturalisation & British passport eventually, can I leave in other commonwealth country for as long as i want and this won’t takes my right or my passport away!!! Coz there was a section on AN form where they asked you, in which country you want live etc? Once you are a BC you can decide where you want to live. You don't loose your citizenship or passport as such, unless the application was fraudulent.

2) am having my citizenship ceremony in a month time, can I travel for a week on holiday with my actual passport & Resident permit card coz I done my application through NCS. Is there gonna any problem when I am returning back!!! This is travel before the ceremony? No issue as you won't be a BC until then.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.