ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form AN, enter biological father?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

johnhkg
Hong Kong

Form AN, enter biological father?

Post by johnhkg » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:03 am

Hi guys,

trying to understand the requirements for details of parents. My father died in 1965 when I was two. My mother remarried soon after and i took his name (changed by deed). So do I enter details of my biological father, or my step-father? Thanks for any advice on this.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Form AN, enter biological father?

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:32 am

State the name of your step-father.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

johnhkg
Hong Kong

Post by johnhkg » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:47 am

I managed to get through to the UKVI hotline yesterday. I was told that in my case details of biological parents are required. I also note from reading the instructions for completing a UK passport application that there is the same requirement i.e. details of biological parents.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:49 am

I stand corrected if that's the case - however, I understand that parents' names are asked for in case the applicant may already be British due to parentage.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.