ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1E Applied ILR in Jan 2018

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Member of Standing

Tier 1E Applied ILR in Jan 2018

Post by 10020132 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:22 am

Hi
With the help of the members on this forum, I applied for my ILR in Jan 2018 and I thought that my case was straight forward so I will receive it in few months but I haven't received it yet. I know I can't do anything and will have to wait
But, my problem is that this thing clicked in my head just now that if I they reject (God Forbid) my application in April 2019 or after, then I wont be able to use transitional arrangements for my new application, which I did this time as I am pre 2014. Since, I wont be able to use transitional arrangement, which means that jobs created should have existed for atleast a year by then. Thinking that my case is straight forward and ILR would be approved straight away, I do not have settled employees anymore. Rather, I have contractors or self-employed people working for me. So, will this be classed as the job has continuously existed or will it be considered a break in job if non-settled person is working?

sm12
Diamond Member

Re: Applied ILR in Jan 2018

Post by sm12 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:19 pm

What is the breakdown in terms of months for the roles that you have used?

Hopefully you'll hear back before April 2019, but do you think you could employ settled people in a couple of roles for which you already employed people previously?
The roles have to be 12 months but not necessarily continuously.

For example, if you employed someone for 8 months until January 2018, you could employ someone for the same role now and in 4 months, you'll reach 12 months. As far as self employed people doing the work in the meanwhile, I don't think that counts as a break.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Tier 1E Applied ILR in Jan 2018

Post by zimba » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:42 pm

There is no such a thing as a break in jobs, however only settled employees of your company will count for the award of points towards ILR
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Member of Standing

Re: Tier 1E Applied ILR in Jan 2018

Post by 10020132 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:33 am

Thanks
I will try to replace contractors with settled employees to be on safe side if i have not received any thing till December