ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2 general change of employer - Dependent VISA

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Nnagepat
Newly Registered
Mood:
Anguilla

Tier2 general change of employer - Dependent VISA

Post by Nnagepat » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:44 am

Hi,
I am on tier2 general VISA. I have recently changed my employer. Prior to change, my leave on previous tier2 general VISA was till December 2020, same for the dependents as well. For a new VISA end date is OCT 2020. I did not apply for dependents, my VISA is granted and my new Leave is till Oct 2020, however my dependents are still on old VISA with Validity till December2020, so dependents are having 2 months more than main applicant. I went to Cryodon Premium service centre for VIsa application, case worker told me that, strictly speakig you should apply for dependent as well, as there is just 2 months gap so it is ok in this case. she also asked me when I am planning for ILR, I told her in december 2019, she told me that you wont get PR if any of your dependents Leave expires berore ILR application. I have below questions

1. Is it a normal scenario where Main applicant is having less leave than dependent after change of employer.

2. Should I just apply new VISA for dependents and make their leave inline to my leave

3. If I dont apply for a new VISA for dependents then what will be their actual leave expiry, OCT 2020 or Dec 2020?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier2 general change of employer - Dependent VISA

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:48 am

1. It happens sometimes. Your new CoS was obviously a slightly shorter duration than your previous visa.

2. See when-to-extend-pbs-dependant-leave (click to read).

3. December 2020. However, presumably you will have ILR by then as you state you are applying for ILR in December 2019!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Nnagepat
Newly Registered
Mood:
Anguilla

Re: Tier2 general change of employer - Dependent VISA

Post by Nnagepat » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:01 am

Hi,

Thank you.