ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 4 through Critical Skills

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ahy_jj
Newly Registered
Turkey

Stamp 4 through Critical Skills

Post by ahy_jj » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:13 pm

Hi I'd like to get your opinion/advise on the following situation:

- I have got critical skills Stamp 1 in 2016 which now passed the 2 year period in September.
- I applied for the Support letter for stamp 4, since it didn't arrive on time I got an extension on the Stamp 1 and also got an appointment for late November to submit the support letter for the new GNIB card.
- I got the Support letter last week but I have had to hand in notice at work in October and then had to be on sick leave for two weeks.
- There is going to be 2-3 weeks time between the termination of my employment and the stamp 4 appointment where I have to provide the support letter.

Moreover, I have a sick note from my GP to cover the majority of November as I am really going through rough times.

Would it have an impact getting the Stamp 4? Has anyone experienced a similar situation? Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Ash_g
Ireland

Re: Stamp 4 through Critical Skills

Post by Ash_g » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:23 pm

Hi

I know this has nothing to do with your question, but do companies still give critical skill visa anymore, asking for my partner. He's qualified for a skilled worker visa and has applied to so many jobs in here but never heard anything.

I see his job is in great demand too, he's qualified as electrical and automation engineering

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Stamp 4 through Critical Skills

Post by littlerr » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:27 am

ahy_jj wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:13 pm
Hi I'd like to get your opinion/advise on the following situation:

- I have got critical skills Stamp 1 in 2016 which now passed the 2 year period in September.
- I applied for the Support letter for stamp 4, since it didn't arrive on time I got an extension on the Stamp 1 and also got an appointment for late November to submit the support letter for the new GNIB card.
- I got the Support letter last week but I have had to hand in notice at work in October and then had to be on sick leave for two weeks.
- There is going to be 2-3 weeks time between the termination of my employment and the stamp 4 appointment where I have to provide the support letter.

Moreover, I have a sick note from my GP to cover the majority of November as I am really going through rough times.

Would it have an impact getting the Stamp 4? Has anyone experienced a similar situation? Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks
In theory, you are not required to have an employment letter to get Stamp 4 (as shown on https://dbei.gov.ie/en/What-We-Do/Workp ... nt-Notice/) you just need the passport, GNIB, supporting letter and the work permit, so as long as you keep your mouth shut about your own medical conditions and termination of employment, you should be fine.

However, they do ask for the letter from time to time. I was asked for it. My colleague was asked for it. You may just say that it wasn't on the official list and you didn't have it, but I don't know if they will be satisfied.
Ash_g wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:23 pm
Hi

I know this has nothing to do with your question, but do companies still give critical skill visa anymore, asking for my partner. He's qualified for a skilled worker visa and has applied to so many jobs in here but never heard anything.

I see his job is in great demand too, he's qualified as electrical and automation engineering
Please don't ask irrelevant questions in other people's post. You can start your own. And yes critical skills work permits are widely available everywhere in many sectors.