ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HO request for additional documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sebgei
Newly Registered
Germany

HO request for additional documents

Post by sebgei » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:08 pm

Good evening,

we applied late August, via tracked/signed post, for naturalisation for our entire family (my wife is Swiss, I am German, the kids have both nationalities). We have lived in the UK for 12+ years, my wife and I have been in full-time work and payed taxes/NI, and we all have our DCPR documenting residency since 2011.

On October 1, we received a letter from the HO dated September 21, asking for additional documentation, namely additional proof of residency in the UK for the last 2 years for our older daughter, who was born outside the UK (e.g. school reports) and my wife's birth certificate as she was born outside Switzerland. We returned the documents a day later, again with signed/tracked mail and the HO received the documents on October 3.

I have to questions, please:

1. Does the request for additional documents mean there is already a case worker reviewing our application or will a case worker be assigned only after the additional documents have been received?

2. For those on this forum who have been asked for additional documents, how soon after you submitted them was a decision made (assuming you don't mind sharing)? I looked on the timeline topics but this aspect is usually not discussed.

Thank you!

rogerr
France

Re: HO request for additional documents

Post by rogerr » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:59 am

sebgei wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:08 pm
Good evening,

we applied late August, via tracked/signed post, for naturalisation for our entire family (my wife is Swiss, I am German, the kids have both nationalities). We have lived in the UK for 12+ years, my wife and I have been in full-time work and payed taxes/NI, and we all have our DCPR documenting residency since 2011.

On October 1, we received a letter from the HO dated September 21, asking for additional documentation, namely additional proof of residency in the UK for the last 2 years for our older daughter, who was born outside the UK (e.g. school reports) and my wife's birth certificate as she was born outside Switzerland. We returned the documents a day later, again with signed/tracked mail and the HO received the documents on October 3.

I have to questions, please:

1. Does the request for additional documents mean there is already a case worker reviewing our application or will a case worker be assigned only after the additional documents have been received?
Yes . Your case is already with the caseworker . You can find caseworker name on the letter you recieved

2. For those on this forum who have been asked for additional documents, how soon after you submitted them was a decision made (assuming you don't mind sharing)? I looked on the timeline topics but this aspect is usually not discussed.
2 weeks from the date they recieve it
Thank you!