ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IT Market

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

adils

IT Market

Post by adils » Fri May 16, 2008 6:36 pm

Can any one let meknow howz the market of IT now?

Adil

netacct

Post by netacct » Fri May 16, 2008 7:34 pm

Good. :D

namastelondon

Post by namastelondon » Fri May 16, 2008 8:39 pm

Market is good but yeah again it depends upon skills. If market is good for someone in .Net and java/j2ee than it does not mean it will be good for mainframe /testing etc.. so it all depends upon ur work of area.

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Sat May 17, 2008 12:46 pm

Market seems to be OK now if not at its best owing to the credit crunch.

Jobs are there to be taken, probably caused by people leaving their current jobs to look for better offers (higher paying) again likely because of the higher living costs at present.

Much like the mortgage chain......

December31

Hi

Post by December31 » Sun May 18, 2008 7:19 pm

For SAP ABAP it is not so good, there are 1 or 2 jobs posted each day, but they are asking for UK experince, and I am not getting interview calls.

adils

Re: Hi

Post by adils » Mon May 19, 2008 7:53 pm

December31 wrote:For SAP ABAP it is not so good, there are 1 or 2 jobs posted each day, but they are asking for UK experince, and I am not getting interview calls.
Can you please let me know howz the market for testers? I am planning to land in the UK as I have got the HSMp stamp. Currently I am at the client's office in the USA, I am applying for jobs from USA, but I am not seeing any reply or response.Please suggest

Adil

namastelondon

Post by namastelondon » Mon May 19, 2008 9:58 pm

Not sure about testing but i have some friends who are searching job in testing. Here they look for automated testing tools like loadrunner, winrunner and if u have anything missing from essentials of the job spec, u cannot secure an interview. In india you may be doing all kind of testing but here roles are very specific.

adils

Post by adils » Tue May 20, 2008 1:52 am

namastelondon wrote:Not sure about testing but i have some friends who are searching job in testing. Here they look for automated testing tools like loadrunner, winrunner and if u have anything missing from essentials of the job spec, u cannot secure an interview. In india you may be doing all kind of testing but here roles are very specific.
Yeah, I have been working here on SAP Testing and I have experience on those tools like Winrunner,Loadrunner,QTP,Test director.etc

Can you please keep me updated with the position of testing there, how is the market there, please ask your friends about the same.

Thanks in advance yaar,
Adil