ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA FP but job offer in Ireland

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Daisies
Ireland

EEA FP but job offer in Ireland

Post by Daisies » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:56 pm

Background, I'm Irish, my husband is Malawian and we applied (and were granted) and EEA family permit to come live in the UK. We are currently in the UK and I have just been offered a dream job back in Ireland (a job I've been trying to get for over 2 years). We are now applying for an Irish spouse visa but this can take up to 6 months to process.
I feel I already know the answer as I know the EEA FP is dependent on me exercising my treaty rights in the UK but is the only option for him to return to Malawi when I take up the job offer in Ireland? I'm guessing immigration monitor things like this.
Any advice appreciated

thsths

Re: EEA FP but job offer in Ireland

Post by thsths » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:21 pm

If it is your dream job, go for it. Yes, it can be a bit complicated to work out the detail, but in the long run it will work out, and it sounds like the right decision.

I have no idea how the national visa process in Ireland works, but I always got the impression that it is reasonably easy for family members.

If you have been in the UK for at least 3 months, there is a chance that you can also move there under EU law. This was established by precedent, and is now part of EU law. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R_(Secret ... nder_Singh

Daisies
Ireland

Post by Daisies » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:27 pm

Unfortunately we will not be in the UK together for 3 months as I got the job offer a week before we moved. I've managed to push back the start date a bit but don't want to push it too much.

My main concern now is what my husband will do when I return to Ireland to take up this job.

Daisies
Ireland

Post by Daisies » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:47 pm

Does anyone have any experience of This?

Daisies
Ireland

Post by Daisies » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:19 pm

A slightly different question in the same vein,
If we apply for residency and then spend more time out of the UK over the next 12 months I.e. not maintain the residency for ILR, would this impact our options for moving back to the UK in years to come?
Also, if we don't apply for residency when his 6 months FP is up, would that have a negative impact on applying for a FP in 2 years time when my contract in Ireland finishes?