ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Ent to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

theloyalone
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Tier 1 Ent to ILR

Post by theloyalone » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:46 pm

Hello moderators, thank you for your insightful suggestions in the threads.
I would just like clarification for a few things with my upcoming ILR application:
My timeline:-
Tier 1 Ent initial Approved date: Dec 16 2013
Tier 1 Ent Ext application: 13 Dec 2016
Application rejected & returned: Feb 28 2017
Fresh application within 14 days: Mar 9 2017
Interview : Oct 2017
Ext granted : Mar 28 2018 till 2020

My question: Can I apply for ILR in Nov 2018 or do I wait till 2020?
I have employed 6 full time (over 30 hours per week) and 2 part time (combined 30 hours per week) since August 2016 till date and ongoing. I am under the transitional arrangements as pre 2014.

Thank you for your help.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Tier 1 Ent to ILR

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:42 pm

theloyalone wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:46 pm
Hello moderators, thank you for your insightful suggestions in the threads.
I would just like clarification for a few things with my upcoming ILR application:
My timeline:-
Tier 1 Ent initial Approved date: Dec 16 2013
Tier 1 Ent Ext application: 13 Dec 2016
Application rejected & returned: Feb 28 2017
Fresh application within 14 days: Mar 9 2017
Interview : Oct 2017
Ext granted : Mar 28 2018 till 2020

My question: Can I apply for ILR in Nov 2018 or do I wait till 2020?
I have employed 6 full time (over 30 hours per week) and 2 part time (combined 30 hours per week) since August 2016 till date and ongoing. I am under the transitional arrangements as pre 2014.

Thank you for your help.

You can apply in November 2018.

Lets say you apply on 28th November 2018 you can claim for all the employment 1 year before date of application.

So that would be 28th Nov 2017 - 28th Nov 2018.

You need 104 weeks of full time employment that is 30 hours a week. In you case you can qualify with only 2 employees also or a combination of employees as you want.

*please wait for senior members to confirm also
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

theloyalone
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by theloyalone » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:45 am

Thank you for your reply tier11417

theloyalone
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by theloyalone » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:04 pm

Hello moderators and champions,
I attempted to complete my ILR application today with the intention of using the premium service (£3018) option but this option was not available for the application.
Please can anyone confirm if the new non-standard fee options are open to people switching from Tier 1 Entrepreneur (Extension) to ILR.
If so, how?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:28 pm

Premium centers PSCs (Formerly known as PEOs) will be closed tomorrow to most applicants. Tier 1E applicants were not eligible to use the PSCs to begin with. You now will be asked to submit your docs/biometrics in person at one of the new UKVCAS service centers. :!:

indefinite-leave-to-remain/new-uk-visa- ... 67058.html
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:03 pm

theloyalone wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:04 pm
Hello moderators and champions,
I attempted to complete my ILR application today with the intention of using the premium service (£3018) option but this option was not available for the application.
Please can anyone confirm if the new non-standard fee options are open to people switching from Tier 1 Entrepreneur (Extension) to ILR.
If so, how?

Thanks
ILR via Tier 1 cannot go for the super priority service (new service). You have to go for the standard service.
Once you submit & pay it will take you to third party website sopra steria where you can upload your documents and book a biometric appointment.
You will have an option to purchase extra services for an additional cost for example document checking service, premium lounge etc.

Please update us all about your experience regarding the document scanning, appointment, and biometric experience.

Thanks
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

theloyalone
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Re: Tier 1 Ent to ILR UKVACS experience

Post by theloyalone » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:25 pm

Hello,
Just providing an update on my application process and appointment experience.

I uploaded all my documents before the appointment which was at the Manchester Central Library. I had difficulties finding where the biometrics would take place in the building as this is not signposted. The library staff I enquired from, directed me to the Lower Ground. However, given how big the library is and the lack of directions whatsoever, I had to comb the whole floor before finding another staff who finally took me to the 'corner' in the building where they were located. The reception area of the library wasn't manned, that made it even more difficult.
However, once one is able to find them, the process is very straightforward. The staff are nice and helpful. Upon arriving, the appointment confirmation barcode would be scanned at the centre as well as your passport. The biometric process would follow, then your documents (even prior scanned) would be checked and if the staff is happy with the categories you've put them in, it will be submitted to UKVI.
It took an hour, 10 minutes from arriving at the Library to leaving.

Overall, the experience was positive. The only negative was locating the Sopra Steria team in the building as there are no sign posts whatsoever to find them.
Hope this helps

softwareluv
India

Post by softwareluv » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:03 pm

Hi,
Do you know if children are allowed at this centre?
My daughter is not applying for ILR with me so will that be an issue if we have her with us?

Raj