ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Dependant to Tier 2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Yojana
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 General Dependant to Tier 2 General

Post by Yojana » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:33 am

Hi all,

I am working on T-2 general and my husband is on T-2 General Dependant since 1 year (Sept 2017 - Sept 2018). He wants to move to Tier-2 General as he can get sponsorship from his employer. I have following queries:
1. Is T-2 General Dependent time span (that is last one year) counted for ILR?
2. Can he transfer his visa without Cooling off period? (as he served 1 year on dependant visa and not as main applicant)
3. What if he switches his job after getting T-2 General visa? Do he need to get other sponsorship and can continue in UK without going ot Home country?

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks,
Yojana

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 General Dependant to Tier 2 General

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:54 am

1. No it does not. He will need 5 years as tier 2 General main visa holder.

2. Cooling off period is NOT applicable to PBS dependents applying for tier 2 General. He must apply from home country.

3. New sponsor, new UCoS and can switch employers withing the UK after applying in the UK for a new tier 2 General visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 General Dependant to Tier 2 General

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:56 am

In September you posted he was planning to switch to PBS dependent from Tier 2 ICT!!

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/tier ... l#p1679890

If that is the case, he needs to hold pbs dependent for 12 months before he can apply for tier 2 General from home country.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.