ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

naturalisation eligibility question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

juma
Newly Registered
Yemen

naturalisation eligibility question

Post by juma » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:06 pm

Hello

I came across this and wanted clarification on the below please?
Check your eligibility to apply by naturalisation
If you’ve lived in the UK for the last 5 years you may be able to:

apply if you’ve had indefinite leave to remain for the last 12 months
apply if you’re from the EEA and you’ve had permanent residence status for the last 12 months
You may be able to apply as the spouse or civil partner of a British citizen instead. You need to have lived in the UK for the last 3 years and have either:

indefinite leave to remain
a permanent residence document (if you’re from the EEA)
I'm married to a British citizen and moved to the UK in 04/2013 on a spouse visa, I done my FLR M on 12/2015 and ILR on 08/2017.
I have been living in the UK for the last 5 years and hold ILR biometric card.

Do I qualify to apply for naturalisation under the spouse or civil partner of a British citizen who lived in the UK for the last 3 years as stated above and not need to wait for 12 months after I got ILR?

Thanks

Casa

Re: naturalisation eligibility question

Post by Casa » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:13 pm

juma wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:06 pm
Hello

I came across this and wanted clarification on the below please?
Check your eligibility to apply by naturalisation
If you’ve lived in the UK for the last 5 years you may be able to:

apply if you’ve had indefinite leave to remain for the last 12 months
apply if you’re from the EEA and you’ve had permanent residence status for the last 12 months
You may be able to apply as the spouse or civil partner of a British citizen instead. You need to have lived in the UK for the last 3 years and have either:

indefinite leave to remain
a permanent residence document (if you’re from the EEA)
I'm married to a British citizen and moved to the UK in 04/2013 on a spouse visa, I done my FLR M on 12/2015 and ILR on 08/2017.
I have been living in the UK for the last 5 years and hold ILR biometric card.

Do I qualify to apply for naturalisation under the spouse or civil partner of a British citizen who lived in the UK for the last 3 years as stated above and not need to wait for 12 months after I got ILR? CORRECT

Thanks
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.