ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Filling Set O form

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Username56
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Filling Set O form

Post by Username56 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:47 pm

Hi Respected Members & Gurus!

Hope you are all doing good. I am about to submit my application for ILR based on the completion of 5 years on T1 Entrepreneur Visa. I just need few clarifications while filling up the form to make sure there are no mistakes. Also I am putting here the list of documents I will be sending to UKVI along with my application.

COVER LETTER FOR THE APPLICATION

Folder 1 - PERSONAL FOLDER
1. SET (O) Form.
2. Life in the UK Test Certificate.
3. Pictures with details on the back.
4. Passport & BRP Card.

Folder 2 - EMPLOYEE FOLDER
1. FPS & RTI submission.
2. Employee's Payslips & Status confirmation docs like passports & BRP (Indefinite leave to remain).
3. Accountant letter confirming the creation of 2 full time jobs.
4. Shall I send the payslips for all employees or just the ones on the basis of which I am claiming? :idea:

Folder 3 - BUSINESS FOLDER
1. Accounts for the last year
2. Letter from the accountant confirming the investment in the form of Director Loan.
3. Business Bank Statements - 90 days & letter from Bank confirming the status of business account.
4. Companies House Report
5. Company Insurance Docs.

I am under the transitional arrangement - I have more than 2 employees working for me, so the job creation details I will enter in the form will be for the date I have hired the employee or just the period I am claiming the employment for (which is after receiving my extension visa) (Reason I am asking this is I hired 1 employee while my extension application was with UKVI & the other employee was initially working PT but then became full time in the same role).

1 FT employee since NOV 2016
1 FT employee since Mar 2018

received my visa in May 2017 so starting from June 17, 1 FT job is for 17 months till Oct 18 and still continuing . The other employee was hired as PT in Dec 17 but started FT from March 18, so 1 FT job till Oct 18 is for 8 months. (this is also continue).

This makes a total of 24 months of employment.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Also I am sending my wife's visa for renewal & for that I have filled Tier 1 PBS Dependent form.
What documents do I need to send along with this form?

Also shall I post these both forms (i.e SET O for me & Tier 1 PBS Dependent form) together in 1 same package?

SET O Form Queries:

Do I need to fill section 5?

YOUR HOME & FINANCES

If yes, do I need to mention both mine and my wife's wages as they ask about Rent & If you are working in the UK and then also about the wages?

Section 10 - BRP

10.13 - Date your fingerprints were taken?
I am unable to remember the exact date when I gave my fingerprints. (What can I do about it)
Shall I just put in the full address of the post office where I gave my fingerprints? (Will this be okay)?

Bundle of thanks in advance!

marcnath

Re: Filling Set O form

Post by marcnath » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:59 pm

Username56 wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:47 pm
Hi Respected Members & Gurus!

Hope you are all doing good. I am about to submit my application for ILR based on the completion of 5 years on T1 Entrepreneur Visa. I just need few clarifications while filling up the form to make sure there are no mistakes. Also I am putting here the list of documents I will be sending to UKVI along with my application.

COVER LETTER FOR THE APPLICATION

Folder 1 - PERSONAL FOLDER OK
1. SET (O) Form.
2. Life in the UK Test Certificate.
3. Pictures with details on the back.
4. Passport & BRP Card.

Folder 2 - EMPLOYEE FOLDER
1. FPS & RTI submission. Ok
2. Employee's Payslips & Status confirmation docs like passports & BRP (Indefinite leave to remain). OK
3. Accountant letter confirming the creation of 2 full time jobs. Optional unless you have joined/taken over the business
4. Shall I send the payslips for all employees or just the ones on the basis of which I am claiming? :idea: Your choice. Having some extra is always good in case there is some inadvertent error

Folder 3 - BUSINESS FOLDER
1. Accounts for the last year Not a required document
2. Letter from the accountant confirming the investment in the form of Director Loan. Not a required document
3. Business Bank Statements - 90 days & letter from Bank confirming the status of business account.
4. Companies House Report
5. Company Insurance Docs. Not a required document
Tax document is a mandatory one

I am under the transitional arrangement - I have more than 2 employees working for me, so the job creation details I will enter in the form will be for the date I have hired the employee or just the period I am claiming the employment for (which is after receiving my extension visa) (Reason I am asking this is I hired 1 employee while my extension application was with UKVI & the other employee was initially working PT but then became full time in the same role). Start date is start date, not your extension date

1 FT employee since NOV 2016
1 FT employee since Mar 2018

received my visa in May 2017 so starting from June 17, 1 FT job is for 17 months till Oct 18 and still continuing . The other employee was hired as PT in Dec 17 but started FT from March 18, so 1 FT job till Oct 18 is for 8 months. (this is also continue).

This makes a total of 24 months of employment. OK

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Also I am sending my wife's visa for renewal & for that I have filled Tier 1 PBS Dependent form.
What documents do I need to send along with this form? Maintenance funds

Also shall I post these both forms (i.e SET O for me & Tier 1 PBS Dependent form) together in 1 same package? Yes

SET O Form Queries:

Do I need to fill section 5? Yes, but it is not a critical one for T1E

YOUR HOME & FINANCES

If yes, do I need to mention both mine and my wife's wages as they ask about Rent & If you are working in the UK and then also about the wages? Yes

Section 10 - BRP

10.13 - Date your fingerprints were taken?
I am unable to remember the exact date when I gave my fingerprints. (What can I do about it)
Shall I just put in the full address of the post office where I gave my fingerprints? (Will this be okay)?
Do the best estimate. I found my credit card statement to get the date. But again, this is not critical

Bundle of thanks in advance!
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Username56
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Username56 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:52 pm

Many thanks for the reply.

Just a few quick ones.

No other docs required other than maintenance funds?
I am sending bills and council tax copies along with the application.

Also on the PBS form... when it says to enter details for main applicant... will it be my name and DOB there as it asks for YOUR NAME AND DOB initially and then in the next line it asks for MAIN APPLICANT'S NAME & DOB.

It cant be the same persons details right next to each other.

Am I right?

Thanks

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:18 pm

Username56 wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:52 pm
Many thanks for the reply.

Just a few quick ones.

Also on the PBS form... when it says to enter details for main applicant... will it be my name and DOB there as it asks for YOUR NAME AND DOB initially and then in the next line it asks for MAIN APPLICANT'S NAME & DOB.

It cant be the same persons details right next to each other.

Am I right?

Thanks
Is this on the online form ?
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Username56
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Username56 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:40 pm

Nope not on the online form....

its on the paper form for tier 1 PBS Dependent

Also another strange thing... there is no place to sign the declaration for the applicant. It just says applicants signature and authorisation as if a minor is filling up a form which is very strange.

Any ideas about it??

Thanks

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:05 pm

Username56 wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:40 pm
Nope not on the online form....

its on the paper form for tier 1 PBS Dependent

Also another strange thing... there is no place to sign the declaration for the applicant. It just says applicants signature and authorisation as if a minor is filling up a form which is very strange.

Any ideas about it??

Thanks
Are you sure you have the right form ?

Which question numbers are you referring to ?

Username56
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Username56 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:20 pm

Hi

Yes I am referring to the same form in the link. It says in the form in the following section:

A2.3 Your full name ?
A2.4 Your date of birth ?

A2.5 Main Applicant’s full name?
A2.6 Main Applicant's date of birth?

Also on Page 33 of this form, after selecting I am the applicant box will be selected but where do the applicant has to sign.... following down it says Applicant's signature and authorisation

Lastly

Also there is a different address written for sending the form back. How will this go along with SET (O) form?

Cheers

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:29 pm

Username56 wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:20 pm
Hi

Yes I am referring to the same form in the link. It says in the form in the following section:

A2.3 Your full name ?
A2.4 Your date of birth ?

A2.5 Main Applicant’s full name?
A2.6 Main Applicant's date of birth?

Also on Page 33 of this form, after selecting I am the applicant box will be selected but where do the applicant has to sign.... following down it says Applicant's signature and authorisation

Lastly

Also there is a different address written for sending the form back. How will this go along with SET (O) form?

Cheers
A2.3 is the dependant's name
A2.5 is the main applicant (you ?)

Declaration form is two pages - 33 and 34, so signature is at the end of that (pg 34)

There is no need for anything other than maintenance funds - but up to you if you want to add more.

You can send it separately, but it is a lot easier to add it to the SET(O) form and let HO route it as needed.

Username56
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Username56 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:39 pm

Many thanks Marcnath!

Much appreciated :)

Username56
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Username56 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:02 pm

Hi

me AGAIN!

Sorry but these new changes starting from 05 Nov 2018 are driving me mad. They are so easy to fill like too good to be true offers lol!

I have filled up the application form. Other than 2 confusions, I have no confusions at all.
My confusions are as follows:

1. ''the job created and start date of the job.''

2. What evidence will you provide to support the reasons for all absences from the UK and Crown
Dependencies?

There is no option for this answer to show that for Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa, there is no evidence required to go on leave. The only options available are:

1. Letter from employer to show you were on annual leave.
2. Letter to show there were some natural issues because of which the person stayed.
3. Travel issues and stuff
4. Other and then explain

so I have selected Other and wrote that no evidence is required under this category for visits outside UK.

Job created is the date when job started and I am confused between job start date or claiming date. Like I got my visa later but the job started while the application was with UKVI. So, start date would be the period for which I am claiming the job which would be after I got my extension approved?

Also it just asks for 1 rate for job for which I have entered the current hourly rate. There is no option to put in the previous per hour job rate (which was £7.50/hour earlier and now its £7.85/hour).

The good thing about this is this that it gives you a whole list which is needed by the UKVI for the application.

List is as follows:

Companies House documentation to demonstrate your registration
Life in the UK Test pass notification
Other evidence of reasons for absences from the UK
Employee Payment Records, original HM Revenue & Customs P45 or P46.
For directors of a company - a printout from Companies House of the company's filing history page and of a Current Appointment Report to show that you are/were a director of each business for the period
Real Time-Full Payment Submissions
The degree certificate to prove the level of English language required
Evidence of immigration status in the UK
Declaration signed by you to confirm consent for the Home Office to request verification checks
Current Biometric Residence Permit
Documentation to prove the employee was a settled worker for example, the biometric page
of a British passport showing the employee's photograph and personal details
Letter from an accountant confirming the job creation.

Also for PBS Dependent form

If the dependent person has stayed in UK for less than 12 months, the required maintenance is £1890???? :roll: whereas I thought this was £630. :arrow:

Now can I show the required amount from 2 different bank accounts as far as the combined balance makes the amount £1890. Would this be sufficient?

Thanks a lot :)

Username56
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Username56 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:38 pm

Any luck

Anyone.... :idea: :arrow:

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:31 pm

1. Job created and start date are exactly those - nothing to do with your visa initial or extension grant date.
2. Your approach is correct
3. I am not familiar with the online form, but I thought it still had the ability to add multiple rows for each job
4. If is £630 if the main applicant has been here for more than 12 months
5. Yes, you can use multiple accounts to make up the maintenance funds

Username56
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Username56 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:20 am

Hello

Firstly bundle of thanks Marcnath for all your help, really appreciate that. Much respect.

Secondly I am trying to complete the IHS payment for my other half.

I have visa till March 2019, however I am eligible to apply for ILR now which I am doing along with Tier 1 PBS Dependant application.

When I select the relevant options on the online application, IHS fee comes up to £100 only. Whereas if I use the IHS calculator, it shows £600 which is correct as it would be £600.

Can you please help me what to choose so I can make the correct payment.

The options are :

Discretionary Leave
Further Leave to remain - FLR
FLR - HRO
FLR - IR
FLR - (O)
PBS Dependent (Tier 1, 2 & 5)
Tier 1
Tier 2
Tier 2 PBS
Tier 4
Tier 5

So I select Tier 1 and then Entrepreneur

so it brings up the fee for £100.

what to do here??? :roll:

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:11 pm

.PBS Dependent (Tier 1, 2 & 5)
This is the one you select for your dependent.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Username56
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Username56 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:48 pm

Hi

Yes CR001 thats exactly what I have selected for the dependent and then the visa route is tier 1 entrepreneur.

Then the next section comes stating the person you are dependent upon which is me and when I put in my details along with my visa route of tier 1 and then tier 1 entrepreneur.... it asks me tell us the date when the current visa is expiring which clearly is march 2019. As soon as I enter this date it says save and continue and the next page tells me the required fee is £100. Worst thing is there is no option then to go back and change anything. You cannot go back at all.

The options I told in my last post were from the drop down menu which is there for my details.

Thanks a lot

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:49 pm

Username56 wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:48 pm
Hi

Yes CR001 thats exactly what I have selected for the dependent and then the visa route is tier 1 entrepreneur.

Then the next section comes stating the person you are dependent upon which is me and when I put in my details along with my visa route of tier 1 and then tier 1 entrepreneur.... it asks me tell us the date when the current visa is expiring which clearly is march 2019. As soon as I enter this date it says save and continue and the next page tells me the required fee is £100. Worst thing is there is no option then to go back and change anything. You cannot go back at all.

The options I told in my last post were from the drop down menu which is there for my details.

Thanks a lot
There is not much you can do. Just go ahead and complete the payment as it comes up online. I am sure they will contact you separately for the additional payment.

Username56
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Username56 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:27 pm

I understand but isnt this risky....

had there been any instances where they have contacted the person to ask for more payments?

Just wondering.... :roll: :idea:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:18 am

Username56 wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:27 pm
I understand but isnt this risky....

had there been any instances where they have contacted the person to ask for more payments?

Just wondering.... :roll: :idea:
Yes many have been asked to pay.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Username56
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Username56 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:03 pm

Hi

Many thanks for your help throughout filling the forms of Set (O) and also Tier 1 PBS Dependent.

While filling up the job details for the employees, there is only 1 option for pay rate. On the paper applications it used to say that enter the different rates separately. I have filled up the details using the current rate.

Will this be sufficient as there is no option to add the previous rates in the box.

Or shall I write it down on the printed form?

Thanks

Username56
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Username56 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:36 pm

Marcnath ... zimbaa.... CR001.... any idea?

Thanks

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:20 pm

Username56 wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:03 pm
Hi

Many thanks for your help throughout filling the forms of Set (O) and also Tier 1 PBS Dependent.

While filling up the job details for the employees, there is only 1 option for pay rate. On the paper applications it used to say that enter the different rates separately. I have filled up the details using the current rate.

Will this be sufficient as there is no option to add the previous rates in the box.

Or shall I write it down on the printed form?

Thanks
You are required to show all the rate changes. So, if the online job table does not allow that, add those in a separate sheet of paper and attach it.

Username56
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Username56 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:27 am

Hi

Thanks for your reply. Its stated in the letter from the accountant confirming the job creation. Should I mention this in the cover letter? or just write it with hand on the printed form (but this isn't professional) -_-

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ishfaqsangra » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:17 am

Once submitted online I guess we are not suppose to upload or present this completed application,on the appointment date, in PDF format with additional changes.

Username56
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Username56 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:02 am

Hi

I have filled up the form online and I am suppose to post that along with the required documents to the address given at the online form.

The rates are mentioned in the letter from accountant confirming job creation which is also part of the required documents from UKVI.

I have mentioned this in an additional note on the covering letter that there was no option on the online form for this however letter confirms the different rates for each employee along with job start dates and claiming period for each worker.

I hope this should be fine.

Any suggestions are welcome till I submit the application today.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:31 pm

Username56 wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:27 am
Hi

Thanks for your reply. Its stated in the letter from the accountant confirming the job creation. Should I mention this in the cover letter? or just write it with hand on the printed form (but this isn't professional) -_-
As long as it is in any one of the documents you submit, it should be ok.

By the way, the accountant letter for Job creation is NOT a required document (unless you have joined an existing business)