ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship - refugee but some period of overstay

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Rimjimrupa
Bangladesh

British Citizenship - refugee but some period of overstay

Post by Rimjimrupa » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:55 am

Hi my questions about citizenship application.my status is refugee settlement (indefinite leave to remain) and next year I want to apply for citizenship but the problem is I’m in uk almost 10 years and before my asylum I was overstayed for few days so I wang to know is there any chance they will refuse my application though I was on refugee leave to remain and anyone got citizenship after asylum? Or anyone had similar situation like me but still got citizenship.i need genuine advice pls pls

Stnurse
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Re: British Citizenship - refugee but some period of overstay

Post by Stnurse » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:26 am

I was in a similar boat as you with worries although my case is slightly different. I entered illegally but I made myself known within 24hrs.
My citizenship application took under a month to get approved. Make sure you include all the evidence from the last 5 years. Good luck.

Zeebro44

Re: British Citizenship - refugee but some period of overstay

Post by Zeebro44 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:17 pm

Hi can u tell me I was overstay just 9 months I explains all situation when I was in court and I apply asylum by my self like I go home office and made asylum and they detain me and they grant me asylum just in 20 days what I do now explained again or just apply with 5 years evidence ??