ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How many proof of residence needed for BC?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

azildi
Newly Registered
Hungary

Applying for British citizenship as housewife

Post by azildi » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:57 pm

Hi all, this is my first post here.
I’d like to apply for BC asap. I am a EEA national, have PR since 2012. Husband and children british citizens.
I stopped working in October 2014, to become a full time mother and housewife and has started to work again since last December 2017.
My question is can I apply for BC as I have gap in my employment as my 5 year qualifiying period is from 2013? Could I use other documents for proof of residence? Bills, banks statements, nhs letter etc?
Thank you for the replies!

Ffmuni
Germany

Re: Applying for British citizenship as housewife

Post by Ffmuni » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:06 pm

Hi, have you read?

https://www.gov.uk/apply-citizenship-spouse
----------------
"You can apply for British citizenship by ‘naturalisation’ if you:
are 18 or over
are married to, or in a civil partnership with, someone who is a British citizen
have lived in the UK for at least 3 years before the date of your application
You must also:
prove you were in the UK exactly 3 years before the day the Home Office receives your application
prove your knowledge of English, Welsh or Scottish Gaelic
have passed the life in the UK test
be of good character - read Naturalisation booklet AN

You’re from the European Economic Area (EEA)
You must have one of the following:
a permanent residence card to prove you have permanent residence status
indefinite leave to remain in the UK
indefinite leave to enter the UK
You may have lost your indefinite leave to remain or enter if you’ve been away from the UK for more than 2 years at any time since you got it"
-------------------

If you have a valid PR Card and are applying for BC then there is no requirement for you to have been employed. I think/believe that Bank Statements/Utility Bills/Council Tax Bills should be fine to prove residence. I would advise that you write a covering letter explaining you are applying as the spouse of a UK citizen and not applying as an EU citizen exercising treaty rights. You will also have to give details of absences from the UK to show you have not been out of the country for longer than the permissable periods. You'll find all the info on line, best to have a good read through then come back with any specific questions if you are still unclear.

azildi
Newly Registered
Hungary

How many proof of residence needed for BC?

Post by azildi » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:17 pm

Hi there, how many proof of residence do we need for BC? One/year or one/month? I don’t want to overkill my application but the more is the better?
Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: How many proof of residence needed for BC?

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:26 pm

For when you work(ed) P60 (for the year(s) or a letter from the employer stating you are employed. For when you didn't work, ideally official correspondence (council tax bill. HMRC letters, Child Benefit, etc) one for every year.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.