ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application date confirmation

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

oldmankensey

ILR application date confirmation

Post by oldmankensey » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:52 pm

I want to get dates confirmed, especially with some doubt about the new system and application/appointment date doubts.

My wife was given her initial spouse visa on 3rd October, 2013

We entered the UK on December 26th, 2013

She was granted FLR June 15th, 2016 (expiry January 3rd, 2019)

As I understand it, she can apply up to 28 days before 5 years since her UK entry have gone by, but I seem to recall reading about some other rule related to the date of when she was given her initial spouse visa. Am I imagining that?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR application date confirmation

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:56 pm

but I seem to recall reading about some other rule related to the date of when she was given her initial spouse visa. Am I imagining that?
Presumably she is on a Spouse settlement (FLR M) visa and not a PBS Dependent visa. The above applies ONLY to PBS dependent visas. If your wife holds a spouse settlement visa, it starts counting from the date she entered the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

oldmankensey

Post by oldmankensey » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:01 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:56 pm
but I seem to recall reading about some other rule related to the date of when she was given her initial spouse visa. Am I imagining that?
Presumably she is on a Spouse settlement (FLR M) visa and not a PBS Dependent visa. The above applies ONLY to PBS dependent visas. If your wife holds a spouse settlement visa, it starts counting from the date she entered the UK.
ah ok, yes, she's on FLR(M) and will be applying for SET(M) so it will be December 26th (2013) minus 28 days, meaning 28th November would be the earliest.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:03 pm

Correct yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.