ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

"Visa application issued"

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

qassimdar
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

"Visa application issued"

Post by qassimdar » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:30 am

Hello,
I applied for standard vistor visa (6 MONTHS) from Abu Dhabi ( UAE) , this is my first ever application. On 10th working day I have received an email , the text of which i am quoting below:

UK visa application – GWFXXXXXX (Email subject)

Dear Customer,

Your UK visa application has been issued.

PLEASE DO NOT GO TO THE VISA APPLICATION CENTRE BEFORE THEY CONTACT YOU.
You will be contacted by the Visa Application Centre when your documents are ready for collection, or have been dispatched via courier where this is relevant.
You are reminded that you should avoid making travel plans until you have collected your passport, as the outcome of your visa application is not final until you receive your passport.
Please ensure you check the details on your visa when collecting your passport. If you need to contact us you can do so via our International Enquiry Service at www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk
Kind regards,
UK Visas and Immigration
British Embassy Abu Dhabi
www.gov.uk/ukvi
PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE. THIS MAILBOX IS NOT MONITORED.

So guys any idea what this means , is this just the equivalent of a "decision made" email i have read about elsewhere?
Secondly there are reports by some people that if the subject just contains GWF with out any reference number and there is the "do not reply" caution at the end, it implies rejection, any truth to this claim?
Its a weekend here and i can collect my documents 3 days later, the anxiety is killing me so i just had to inquire.
Thanks and regards.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: "Visa application issued"

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:02 am

It is a standard email. It means only that your application is decided.

You will only know the outcome when you collect your passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

qassimdar
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by qassimdar » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:06 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:02 am
It is a standard email. It means only that your application is decided.

You will only know the outcome when you collect your passport.
That is reassuring, thank you for your response :)

nicedev
Newly Registered

Post by nicedev » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:38 pm

There are two different of automated emails; one of them tells your application has been processed, the second is about approval of your application. You have received second type of email, means your application has been approved. In the past this used to be "Your visa has been issued", I assume they changed the wording to "Your visa application has been issued".

qassimdar
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by qassimdar » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:18 pm

nicedev wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:38 pm
There are two different of automated emails; one of them tells your application has been processed, the second is about approval of your application. You have received second type of email, means your application has been approved. In the past this used to be "Your visa has been issued", I assume they changed the wording to "Your visa application has been issued".
Thanks for your response. What makes you say that? is it the wording in the email or you are aware of someone who got approved with a similar email? These "application issued" mails seem recent , i had some friends apply from here as well as dubai but they never got these emails , always the "decision made" email or sometimes no email at all only an sms from visa centre for collection. I will collect my passport on sunday or monday and post an update about the decision here.

nicedev
Newly Registered

Post by nicedev » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:33 am

I have applied for my dad. He got same email on Wednesday.
He already got visit visa few years back and came London to see me for few weeks, now he has applied again.
He received same email when he applied last time but the wording was slightly different. Last time it said, “Your visa has been issued”. This time it says, “Your visa application has been issued”.
He will also collect his passport on Monday from Lahore.

qassimdar
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by qassimdar » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:02 pm

nicedev wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:33 am
I have applied for my dad. He got same email on Wednesday.
He already got visit visa few years back and came London to see me for few weeks, now he has applied again.
He received same email when he applied last time but the wording was slightly different. Last time it said, “Your visa has been issued”. This time it says, “Your visa application has been issued”.
He will also collect his passport on Monday from Lahore.
My application was indeed approved :) hope the outcome is positive for your dad too

Qmri
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Qmri » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:02 pm

Hey so did you get the Visa?

nicedev
Newly Registered

Post by nicedev » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:43 am

qassimdar wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:02 pm
My application was indeed approved :) hope the outcome is positive for your dad too
He got 2 years visa.

Cash21
Newly Registered

Post by Cash21 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:42 am

Issued is granted as i have received visa gor the same email body

Asifejaz
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Post by Asifejaz » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:04 pm

Hi every one...
I have been a silent reader of all the post... and just want to share that I have received exact the same email.( UK visa application has been Issued) on 24th of jan 2019..and guess what today I received passport with Visa stamped... it is crystal clear that above kind of email express visa granted.
So good luck to every one qued for UK visit visa.
Cheers

friendlymagsi
Newly Registered

Post by friendlymagsi » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:56 pm

Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:48 pm

Your uk visa application has been issued email from ABDH means your UK visa has been issued . In the same email they ask you to make sure to check details on your visa when collecting passport. This is more clearer way to tell you that your visa is approved
I collected my passport today and I confirm the trend .
Good Luck to all !!!