ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT...Visa for a non eu mother of an EU Citizen.

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mary2003
Newly Registered
Kenya

URGENT...Visa for a non eu mother of an EU Citizen.

Post by Mary2003 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:48 am

Hello everyone, thank you for the Great help.
I am from Kenya East africa , married to a Danish who unfortunately died recently. I have our Baby now 3years old He has got his Danish Citizenship and a pasport but we live here in Kenya.

I want to visit My mother in law in Danmark for holidays and she is So longing to meet her grandson and to complete his registrstion process in Danmark. I have gone through the Visa application Link sent to me by the embassy but i realy need advise about certain information.

What Kind of Visa should i apply for? Visit, toirist, or family visit Visa?

Secondly, on a certain Visa application form i have seen a paragraph that says. NOT TO BE FILLED BY FAMILY MEMBERS OF EU CITIZENS. Please en Light me, am i regarded as family member of an EU Citizen Due to My child and husband? The invitation and All expences are going to be covered by My inlaws in Danmark.

i tried to apply for this Visa with My husband 2years ago and it was denied because i was misled. The Lady at the embassy advised us that i didnt have to include My Financial status since am a wife of an EU Citizen and i should only give proof of our marriage. But the Visa was refused on grounds that i didnt provide sufficient info about My Financial status!! Or No proof of return after Visa expirey.

The embassy also advised us that i should get a visit Visa then apply for family Reunion in Danmark. So during My interview they asked me if am intending to do that and i Said yes. So they mentioned it on My refusal too that i showed intentions of remaining in the Schengen Territory.

Please kindly give me All the necessary information i need and supporting documents i need to be successful, because the Visa officer at the embassy told me that i Dont need to provide My Financial status solong as i have an invitation from Danmark. I Dont know if its true based on what hapened on My first application.

Thank you very much in Advance.
Mary.N

secret.simon

Re: URGENT...Visa for a non eu mother of an EU Citizen.

Post by secret.simon » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:30 am

The VFS website for Denmark in Kenya suggests that you need to apply directly to the Danish Immigration Service in Copenhagen for a family reunification visa.

I'm not sure which of the following two categories would apply to you. But have a look at the website and go through the requirements for each.

Apply for family reunification as another family member than a spouse or child

Apply for family reunification as the parent or sibling of an unaccompanied minor in Denmark (‘Unaccompanied’ means that the child arrived in Denmark and applied for asylum without his/her parents).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Mary2003
Newly Registered
Kenya

Post by Mary2003 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:33 pm

I think my question was misunderstood. Thanks though

brownbonno
Netherlands

Post by brownbonno » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:58 pm

Mary2003 wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:33 pm
I think my question was misunderstood. Thanks though
https://www.nyidanmark.dk
Knowledge is Power