ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents Submission

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ap5033
Newly Registered
India

Online Booking Documents

Post by ap5033 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:53 pm

Hi there,

I have just managed to book a PSC appointment (appointment only/not online form) for next month - 19th Nov.

However, in the final documents they tell you to download at the end after doing the booking, there is a document called 'Appointment Booking Checklist' which is 3 pages long and which they tell you to bring along to the appointment. There is seemingly no actual 'Checklist' on this document but just details of the booking. Is this correct?

This document also tells you to download the application form by going into your booking. When you do go in, the only other thing available for download under the following header (Download and print the SET (O) - Settlement – other application form) is a 2-page document with the minimal details on it used to book the appointment.

I'm assuming that is obviously not the form that needs to be taken and rather the full 88page form.

Any idea why this has not been made more clear, as it is very misleading. Or am I wrong?

Thanks

aerobharath88
India

Re: Online Booking Documents

Post by aerobharath88 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:00 pm

hi, please can you tell me how you made the payment?

Im filling the SET(O) form now. Do i have to pay for SET(O) first and then book premium through another link? thanks. kindly confirm.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:17 pm

aerobharath88 wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:00 pm
hi, please can you tell me how you made the payment?

Im filling the SET(O) form now. Do i have to pay for SET(O) first and then book premium through another link? thanks. kindly confirm.
You should keep your questions in your own topic please.

Payment and appointment is all part of the online process.

The user in this topic has not used the online form, if you read their post carefully.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sidarora123
Newly Registered
India

Post by sidarora123 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:36 pm

I understand you need to take the 88 page form as part of your application.

I am in the same boat with my application later this month but I read it up on the previously answered post before:

indefinite-leave-to-remain/set-o-form-v ... 52971.html

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:31 pm

ap5033 wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:53 pm
Hi there,

I have just managed to book a PSC appointment (appointment only/not online form) for next month - 19th Nov.

However, in the final documents they tell you to download at the end after doing the booking, there is a document called 'Appointment Booking Checklist' which is 3 pages long and which they tell you to bring along to the appointment. There is seemingly no actual 'Checklist' on this document but just details of the booking. Is this correct?

This document also tells you to download the application form by going into your booking. When you do go in, the only other thing available for download under the following header (Download and print the SET (O) - Settlement – other application form) is a 2-page document with the minimal details on it used to book the appointment.

I'm assuming that is obviously not the form that needs to be taken and rather the full 88page form.

Any idea why this has not been made more clear, as it is very misleading. Or am I wrong?

Thanks
When you book for appointment only, you will get two documents (confirmation of payment and Appointment Booking Checklist). The appointment booking checklist is different from Set(o) checklist, which you will find when you download set (O) application form.
It is not misleading. You have not completed an application form. All you did was to book an appointment.
so the next thing is to download, print and complete the set(o) form or whichever form is appropriate for your application.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

ap5033
Newly Registered
India

Payslips & Bank Statements

Post by ap5033 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:14 pm

Hi there,

Just a few quick questions:

1) The payslips that I have been given by the company are plain black and white printouts from their PAYE software. As such I have asked the Finance manager to write a letter verifying the payslips as well as signing and stamping the printouts. Will this be enough?

2) I have noticed that the Payslip date is different from the payment date on the bank statement (Difference of 2/3 days either side). Will it be an issue that the dates don't match up?

3) I have also just gone to the bank to get a printout of the latest statement (as will not receive in the post by appointment date). And have asked them to sign and stamp it as well. It also clearly says that the statement was printed in the branch. After initally refusing to do this, they agreed as a one-off. Is this enough?

4) When I initially ordered statements from the bank, they sent a whole load for a 10 month period (Nov 17 - Aug 18) as a single statement. As I only want to submit 4 months (From July 18) worth, can I just submit the relevant pages (ie pages 7 to 9 of a particular statement as that is from July)?

Thank you!

Andy12
Mood:
India

Re: Payslips & Bank Statements

Post by Andy12 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:53 am

1. Yes

2. Not sure

3. Yes, lucky you! I have the same problem and HSBC won't even stamp/verify.

4. Submit all, signpost/highlight recent months.

ap5033
Newly Registered
India

Documents Submission

Post by ap5033 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:46 pm

Hi All,

This may be a slightly silly question but here goes.

Are we meant to either staple / paperclip or leave loose sheets when submitting the documents to at the PSC office?

I'm talking about documents that are relevant to each other - ie: Absence letter with attached list of absences or all 10 pages of bank statements?

Also, is it worth using post its or coloured tabs to separate the documents for the caseworker?

Many thanks!

zimba
Mood:

Re: Documents Submission

Post by zimba » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:53 pm

It is up to you to present your docs as you wish. I would suggest to present it so it is easy for case worker to figure out
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ap5033
Newly Registered
India

Re: Documents Submission

Post by ap5033 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:16 pm

THANK YOU!