ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport request

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Fafaicha
BANNED

Passport request

Post by Fafaicha » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:48 pm

Hi guys,

I applied for PR with my eea sponsor online on 24/10 and requested my passport back on 08/11, it looks they refunded money back to my account, I phone them and they said we reject the application and send everything back to you if you requested the passport back. Is that true ?

Thanks

zusman
Pakistan

Re: Passport request

Post by zusman » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:08 pm

That's strange.
I hope you did not press yes to withdraw application by mistake while making documents return request online?

zusman
Pakistan

Post by zusman » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:19 pm

Found this online.
The Nationality Document Return Service will no longer be available from 30 November 2018.
I hope that doesn't apply on EEA applications.

Asherkhawaja
Newly Registered

Post by Asherkhawaja » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:24 pm

I’m afraid it looks like you withdrew your application in error. Now you need to submit your application again and pay the required fees. Once application is submitted and you have enrolled your biometrics, visit the link below to request passport back.

https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml

Make sure where this online form asks question’ Do you wish to withdraw application’?, you must choose option ‘No’.
After submitting this online form, you should then expect to receive your passports back in 10-30 days!

Good luck!

Fafaicha
BANNED

Post by Fafaicha » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:01 am

Thanks, I am positive I submitted the document return, I have been advised that asking for passport will automatically withdraw your application as I will be travelling outside the UK and they won't treat your application of you are outside.

zusman
Pakistan

Post by zusman » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:51 am

Since when they put this rule in place?
And do you know if its for both eu and non eu?

Fafaicha
BANNED

Post by Fafaicha » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:10 pm

zusman wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:51 am
Since when they put this rule in place?
And do you know if its for both eu and non eu?
I am still confused and whatever they did to my application is not fair, I only requested a passport why they refunded the money back plus I never received any email. They have a shit system. If they cancel everyone asking for passport back why they still have the European return documents services in service. I am extremely frustrated

zusman
Pakistan

Post by zusman » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:28 am

I feel sorry for you.
Did you ger your documents back already?
Why dont you call them n say you never asked to withdraw the application. Only thing you need is your passport?
Or try to make complaint.

Fafaicha
BANNED

Post by Fafaicha » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:01 pm

I am honestly done with this people and this department I don't want to waste more time we both know how the complaints are handled. They end up in the bin.

MrVenge
Newly Registered
Austria

Post by MrVenge » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:12 pm

I am sorry for you and absolutely understand your disappointment. Sometimes it feels the authority does this on purpose, as if they do not understand at what pressure they put families: not being able to work for such a long time in such an expensive city can really whrack whole lives.

I would, hoewever, still try to call and explain the situation. We need our passports back as well, but after hearing your story I really get a bad feeling in my gut myself.

JulietSoul
Israel

Post by JulietSoul » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:15 am

Any update on this? I just did my biometrics yesterday and really want my passport urgently to travel but am worried because of this case so I haven't filled out the request for the return...