ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

umbrella company tier 2 sponsor

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jess_taylor7
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

umbrella company tier 2 sponsor

Post by jess_taylor7 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:20 pm

Are there umbrella companies that sponsor for a tier 2 visa? Instead of the company trying to employ you, you have this umbrella company that steps in and sponsors for a tier 2?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: umbrella company tier 2 sponsor

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:39 pm

No there is not. This is not permitted on Tier 2 and is illegal. You cannot work for an umbrella company on tier 2. You are only permitted to work for an HO approved sponsor on their PAYE.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

James.Dunlop
Site Admin

Post by James.Dunlop » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:02 pm

CR001 is correct, but that may not solve your problem.

Umbrella companies cannot sponsor, but a suitable consultancy can. Your options are

1. Seek direct employment by an end user that can sponsor you

2. Apply for jobs with consulting companies that will assign you to qualifying client projects

3. Find a project, then market yourself to potential consulting-company employers, saying 'I can bring you not only the skills detailed on my CV, but also business opportunities such as this project I have identified

I hope this helps

James
James Dunlop

mailto:james.dunlop@jdunlop.com

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:31 pm

James.Dunlop wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:02 pm
CR001 is correct, but that may not solve your problem.

Umbrella companies cannot sponsor, but a suitable consultancy can. Your options are

1. Seek direct employment by an end user that can sponsor you

2. Apply for jobs with consulting companies that will assign you to qualifying client projects

3. Find a project, then market yourself to potential consulting-company employers, saying 'I can bring you not only the skills detailed on my CV, but also business opportunities such as this project I have identified

I hope this helps

James
In a separate topic, the OP has posted about now marrying their British partner and has given notice at the Registry office.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.