ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration- how to include photos

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Asdf1234
Newly Registered
Canada

Foreign Birth Registration- how to include photos

Post by Asdf1234 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:46 am

I have a question about how to include photos with a Irish foreign births registration application. At the end of the Section E Witness part of the application, there is spot that includes boxes for where the passport sized photos go. Are we supposed to attach the photos to these boxes in some way? Or so, how? Or do we include the photos in a separate envelope/folder loosely and include with the application? The instructions give no indication of how this is supposed to be done.

PasadenaTom
United States of America

Re: Foreign Birth Registration- how to include photos

Post by PasadenaTom » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:38 am

Good question. I forgot about this. But it did puzzle me. I sent a message to DFA asking about it, but got no response. It seemed that since there is a certification on the backs of the photos, it was pointless to completely attach them to the boxes . Otherwise they would have to pry them off to see the certification.

I put a small piece of tape at the top of the backside of the photo, and then folded it over on itself toward the front (but not covering the photo in any way). This created a tape "handle", I then taped the handle to the application. I have a feeling that if you attach them to the application with a paper clip, you'll be fine. That's how I attached the photos to my passport application.

Bluegill
United States of America

Post by Bluegill » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:11 am

I saw something about how the photos need to be a different size than the standard US American passport size, is that true as well? Not to hijack your thread!

Also, does the place taking the photo have to sign the back as well? Or just the witness?

PasadenaTom
United States of America

Post by PasadenaTom » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:57 pm

Bluegill wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:11 am
I saw something about how the photos need to be a different size than the standard US American passport size, is that true as well? Not to hijack your thread!

Also, does the place taking the photo have to sign the back as well? Or just the witness?
I submitted Irish-sized passport photos, which I had taken at a CVS here in California. I had to cut them myself, as their trimmer only handles the US size. But I suspect that that the US-sized photo is OK. I say that because when I submitted my passport application, the Irish consulate in San Francisco stated that US-sized photos were acceptable for that. So the same may be true for FBR applicants. I guess the worst that could happen is you would be asked to send new photos.

No, the photographer does not sign the photo.

PasadenaTom
United States of America

Post by PasadenaTom » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:12 am

I was pretty sure someone had success with 2x2 photos. I just found the post (abbreviated here):
Chris-topher wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:38 pm
My two photos were 2" x 2" for the FBR...
May 11th, 2018 mailed application to Dublin
August 28th received email congratulating me that I was now an Irish citizen

shaunaod
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by shaunaod » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:10 pm

Hello, I reached out to my local consulate about this passport photo size question. They said a US sized passport photo is fine for the Foreign Birth application. However, I'm pretty sure you need an Irish-sized one for the Irish Passport.

They didn't specify how to attach, I'm planning on taping my at the top edge so they can lift them up easily. I don't think it really matters though.