ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Insurance claim / Court judgement. Will this impact Citizenship app?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pharmashri
Newly Registered
Mood:

Insurance claim / Court judgement. Will this impact Citizenship app?

Post by pharmashri » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:04 pm

Hi All Senior Member,
I have had my ILR in Aug 2015 and I have had not disclosed the on-going claim at that time and it was fine. Later then the claim was settled by the insurance company in the court.

Now I have the plan to apply for Citizenship (Neutralisation) and I have two questions for you to provide your kind inputs;

The first question is based on the British neutralisation application section "3.3 Do you have any civil judgements against you or any civil penalty under the UK Immigration Acts?)"
Do I need to disclose the settled claim?

The second question is based on section 3.5 "Have you received any cautions (simple or conditional), warnings or reprimands in the UK or any other country?". What should I answer this? Yes or No?
Background: Recently I had a cancellation of the home insurance policy by the insurance company based on their judgement they found my claim as the fraudulence. They also decided to share details of this matter with Fraud Prevention Agencies so that it would adversely affect my ability to obtain financial product and home insurance in the future. The second question is a type of 'warning' but not by Government department but by a private insurance company.

Please suggest.

Thank you.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Insurance claim / Court judgement. Will this impact Citizenship app?

Post by Djsuccess » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:38 pm

pharmashri wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:04 pm
Hi All Senior Member,
I have had my ILR in Aug 2015 and I have had not disclosed the on-going claim at that time and it was fine. Later then the claim was settled by the insurance company in the court.

Now I have the plan to apply for Citizenship (Neutralisation) and I have two questions for you to provide your kind inputs;

The first question is based on the British neutralisation application section "3.3 Do you have any civil judgements against you or any civil penalty under the UK Immigration Acts?)"
Do I need to disclose the settled claim?

The second question is based on section 3.5 "Have you received any cautions (simple or conditional), warnings or reprimands in the UK or any other country?". What should I answer this? Yes or No?
Background: Recently I had a cancellation of the home insurance policy by the insurance company based on their judgement they found my claim as the fraudulence. They also decided to share details of this matter with Fraud Prevention Agencies so that it would adversely affect my ability to obtain financial product and home insurance in the future. The second question is a type of 'warning' but not by Government department but by a private insurance company.

Please suggest.

Thank you.
I will suggest you get a copy of your criminal record. I don't know if insurance fraud will be captured there. Did you make any attempt to appeal the decision to have your home insurance cancelled? From my understanding, this looks like something that cannot be ignored so you might need to declare it in your application. Or wait for 3 years before applying.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

pharmashri
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by pharmashri » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:41 pm

Thank you. I did not check for the criminal record and as far as I know, it is not registered to police or court and if it is registered to Fraud Prevention Agencies then I am not aware of any. There was no communication made by insurance company post cancellation of my home insurance policy/warning letter. Actually, the letter did not even say it is a warning letter.

Yes, I did appeal to the insurance company giving them all the facts and I strongly know that I was not in fault but it is financially extremely difficult to fight in court against an insurance company, therefore, I gave up. I also read financial-ombudsman insurance complaints and it is my understanding that their verdict always goes in favour of the insurance company.

I have applied for the neutralization on 10th Dec 2018 and still waiting for approval/response from the home office. I have been through December thread and understood that many members have their approval letter literary with a month time (british-citizenship/december-2018-natur ... 20-40.html).

What is your gut feeling based on my circumstances? Would I able to get my approval? I am not a criminal or do not have any criminal or civil case and have a good record since I am in UK. Would this help me get my citizenship?

Please suggest how would I able to know what is happening with my application? It is now been 3 months since I made application.

wahi66
BANNED

Post by wahi66 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:10 am

well there are many people waiting even before you. its frustrating i know to see other getting approval but there are many who didnt so have some patience.

as far as your concerns regarding insurance claim, its really not something very serious to worry about but for your peace of mind its better to write a cover letter and explain what you did here in support of your application. this incident might not gonna impact on your application but hiding something which you shouldn't from your side might can go against you.

hope it helps

Konsog

Post by Konsog » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:53 pm

pharmashri wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:04 pm
the claim was settled by the insurance company in the court.
pharmashri wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:41 pm
I am not a criminal or do not have any criminal or civil case and have a good record since I am in UK. Would this help me get my citizenship?
So was the issue settled in a court or not? And was it settled in your favour? If not in your favour, then this is something you should probably have declared, no?