ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR applying without B1

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

19aleja18
Newly Registered

ILR applying without B1

Post by 19aleja18 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:06 pm

:oops: I apply for ILR after being 5 years in Uk married to my husband who is British. When l came to UK l did ESOL A2 thinking thats the one for life so l didn't realise l need B1 within my application l already send. Home office send me letter telling me that they will instead of ILR send my some other visa for 30month before l apply for ILR again. I been so upset, is there anything l can do about it as my English is good and part from that nothing else was wrong with my application. Its so expensive and l can't believe this happened. Anybody can help me? Is it possible when they send me documents for me to try and apply again with test B1 l will add to application form. Im so devastated :(

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR applying without B1

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:12 pm

Has your last visa already expired?

Did you submit the LIUK test as well?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bluebird12
Pakistan

Post by bluebird12 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:28 am

As CR001 have asked you if you have passed your life in the UK Test and you have still valid LTR then you can book English Test B1 and pass it , send result to Caseworker UKVI , usually trinity college Test is quick to book online or by phone and easy to pass it.

Anthony2
Newly Registered

Post by Anthony2 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:38 am

All the information and requirements are available on the Government website when you apply for IRL.
On the application form it asks of you have a English qualification level B1 or higher and passed the Life in the UK test, you have to tick the boxes.
bluebird12 wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:28 am
As CR001 have asked you if you have passed your life in the UK Test and you have still valid LTR then you can book English Test B1 and pass it , send result to Caseworker UKVI , usually trinity college Test is quick to book online or by phone and easy to pass it.
If the case has already been decided, can you pass the test and ask them to reconsider?

oldmankensey

Post by oldmankensey » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:26 am

why are people being switched across to FLR when they are applying for ILR? I've read about 2-3 of these incidences on these forums now, yet any solicitor I spoke to said "no, we've never heard about that, it would never happen".

Is it because the old visa has expired?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:27 am

oldmankensey wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:26 am
why are people being switched across to FLR when they are applying for ILR? I've read about 2-3 of these incidences on these forums now, yet any solicitor I spoke to said "no, we've never heard about that, it would never happen".

Is it because the old visa has expired?
It happens when the applicant does not meet one of the mandatory requirements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bluebird12
Pakistan

Post by bluebird12 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:22 am

Hi 19aleja18,
Yes you can apply any time for ILR again with Fresh Application and paying fees again provided that you have been issued LTR in existing same category and you provide , life in UK test , B1 test pass result , meet all other requirements.