ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Residency Permit for EEA family member

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Firee
Newly Registered
Botswana

Residency Permit for EEA family member

Post by Firee » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:02 pm

Hey everyone

I am a non Eu from Botswana married to an EU and Submitted my eea residence card application 31st October, biometrics invitation sent 7 November submitted my biometrics last week Tuesday 13th and received my COA yesterday or this morning coz only saw it in the morning and it was dated 14th which means day after I submitted my biometrics.

However I have a question, the COA stated that I am now eligible to in the UK for the next 6 months while my application is being considered. The confusion comes due to the fact that am currently in Scotland on a marriage visa which will end January, so I wonder if I am supposed to go back home before my current visa expires end of January next year or I wait till I receive response from the Home office within the next 6 months.

Will highly appreciate any information to help my situation,Thank you!

NikiGio
Member of Standing
Mood:
Italy

Re: Residency Permit for EEA family member

Post by NikiGio » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:03 pm

Firee wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:02 pm
However I have a question, the COA stated that I am now eligible to in the UK for the next 6 months while my application is being considered. The confusion comes due to the fact that am currently in Scotland on a marriage visa which will end January, so I wonder if I am supposed to go back home before my current visa expires end of January next year or I wait till I receive response from the Home office within the next 6 months.
No - you don't need to go back home as the CoA relative to the Residence Card application enables you to stay until the expiry date of the CoA, regardless of the January expiry date of your current marriage Visa.
I am not an immigration lawyer. My comments are opinions, not legal advice.