ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement visa for uk to get married

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Zaya
Newly Registered

Settlement visa for uk to get married

Post by Zaya » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:19 am

Hello everyone my name is Zaya :D

I have just registered with this site and I am not sure whether I am posting this in the right place or not. But I hope I will be able to get some answers here. My fiancé is a British citizen and we are planning to get married in the UK and we have just posted our supporting documents to the address in Sheffield. I have done my Biometrics appointment as well. We are not using any agency we are doing it ourselves and anyone who has done that will know how confusing everything is. Just when I thought I understood everything and done everything right it looks like I have done few mistakes. I am just hoping that it's not going to affect too much and hoping to get some help from you guys.

We have addressed the envelope to Sheffield but I didn't realise that I had to put my GWF number next to the address. On the website it said include the GWF number so I put it inside not outside. We sent the documents on Tuesday and It's Friday and I haven't received any emails saying they have got the documents. How long does it normally take for them to send email saying they have received the documents? Also because mine doesn't have my GWF number what do they do with it, is it like lost?

Also another thing is I just put my original documents like my old passport and my fiancé's passport and little documents inside but I didn't put photocopies of them. Should I have sent photocopies along with the originals? I thought they scan them their but people are saying I should have sent photocopies of them as well.

Also for the proof of English I put my certificates I received when I studied in London between 2009-2012. It was just a language school I studied there fir 3 years and studied up to Proficiency level. Also I have done CPE test in England and put that in as well. I know they are not academic qualifications also the test wasn't the approved test and it was way back in 2012 so do you think they will consider them as enough proof or should I have taken the approved exam?

If anyone can give me advise on any of them i would really appreciate. I tried to research them but i am depressed and not getting good results or any results.

Thank you so much
Zaya

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Settlement visa for uk to get married

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:29 am

We have addressed the envelope to Sheffield but I didn't realise that I had to put my GWF number next to the address. On the website it said include the GWF number so I put it inside not outside. We sent the documents on Tuesday and It's Friday and I haven't received any emails saying they have got the documents. How long does it normally take for them to send email saying they have received the documents? Also because mine doesn't have my GWF number what do they do with it, is it like lost?
It will get where it needs to be. Not everyone gets an email stating receipt of documents.
Also another thing is I just put my original documents like my old passport and my fiancé's passport and little documents inside but I didn't put photocopies of them. Should I have sent photocopies along with the originals? I thought they scan them their but people are saying I should have sent photocopies of them as well.
It wasn't necessary to send fiances original British passport. A copy would have been sufficient. As for the rest, not an issue if you did not send copies.
Also for the proof of English I put my certificates I received when I studied in London between 2009-2012. It was just a language school I studied there fir 3 years and studied up to Proficiency level. Also I have done CPE test in England and put that in as well. I know they are not academic qualifications also the test wasn't the approved test and it was way back in 2012 so do you think they will consider them as enough proof or should I have taken the approved exam?
This English test is unlikely to be accepted as the test must be an approved HO test AND from and HO approved test provider. The only other evidence HO would consider is a UK degree or a foreign degree assessed by UK NARIC.

Does your partner meet the financial requirement?

Did you submit original bank statements and payslips for at least 6 months?

Did you include evidence of adequate accommodation?

Did you include evidence of any wedding preparations done?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.