ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switch from Tier 4 to Tier 2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

uhkiran
Newly Registered

Switch from Tier 4 to Tier 2 General

Post by uhkiran » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:14 pm

Hi There,

I am on a Tier 4 Student visa which is due to expire in 30th Jan 2019. Here is my situation. I am in process of completing a module which is due to attend the exam in Mid Jan 2019. The result is expected in Feb 2019. As per the UKVI website 'having taken all the exams and handed in all course or dissertation work', am I eligible to apply for Tier 2 with a course completion letter from the university. The final degree will be awarded in Feb 2019. I have a sponsor who is ready to provide Tier 2 sponsorship.

Can you please advise if can proceed with tier 2 application with course completion letter?

Best regards,
Harsha

dc10mhr2013
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Re: Switch from Tier 4 to Tier 2 General

Post by dc10mhr2013 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:51 pm

Hi uhkiran,

As far as I know, You are only eligible to apply for Tier 2 (General) once you sit for all the exam and just waiting for the final result. Your University should provide a written confirmation of that. Please correct me if I am wrong. Many thanks.

Johnnydep
Mood:

Re: Switch from Tier 4 to Tier 2 General

Post by Johnnydep » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:30 am

uhkiran wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:14 pm
Hi There,

I am on a Tier 4 Student visa which is due to expire in 30th Jan 2019. Here is my situation. I am in process of completing a module which is due to attend the exam in Mid Jan 2019. The result is expected in Feb 2019. As per the UKVI website 'having taken all the exams and handed in all course or dissertation work', am I eligible to apply for Tier 2 with a course completion letter from the university. The final degree will be awarded in Feb 2019. I have a sponsor who is ready to provide Tier 2 sponsorship.

Can you please advise if can proceed with tier 2 application with course completion letter?

Best regards,
Harsha
I once applied for tier 2 from tier 4.
Yes. You need an official document confirming the completion of the course. In my case I have the transcript for that.
You will have to wait for your results to come through to apply