ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tricks used by recruitment agencies

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sandy rocks
Newly Registered

Tricks used by recruitment agencies

Post by Sandy rocks » Thu May 22, 2008 10:06 am

Many unwary contractors, and even some very wary ones, have been caught out by some very devious agency tricks. To be forewarned is to be forearmed though. Here are ten agency tricks that you should look out for.

1. They phone you up saying that they have several jobs that you are suitable for. They need you, however, first to supply them with references. Is this true? No, it isn’t. They do not have any jobs for you. They are just trying to find out people who take on contractors and want to know the names and phone numbers of your old bosses.

2. They’ll say, “Who did you work for at BT. Was it Graham Sutherlandâ€

nshar1

Post by nshar1 » Sat May 24, 2008 9:54 pm

Great thoughts and a good post !!

rsathish

Thanks

Post by rsathish » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:39 am

Hi Sandy,

Thanks very much for this post.

I had exactly been through all the above points. I find it very difficult to move in to a permanent position...looks like I would be temping all my life thanks to these agencies.

Will be more wary of this in future.

neeraj_chennai
Newly Registered

Good post Sandy

Post by neeraj_chennai » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:56 am

Sandy,

very good post. i am in the process of applying for jobs from India. Have planned to shift to UK in one month anyway.

my experience is that wherever i have applied through my friends / past collegues / company websites / known contacts, things have progressed and i have either got an interview call or a rejection note. but most of the public job posts have resulted in no response. perhaps most of them are fake and they don't want to waste money by calling international.

~ Neeraj

niharshiplu
Newly Registered

Re: Tricks used by recruitment agencies

Post by niharshiplu » Wed May 18, 2016 10:25 pm

Hi Neeraj,

I am applying for Jobs in UK from India like you and started very recently.

It may sound silly but I am a bit curious,how you are planning to move to UK within 1 month even if you don't get a job offer and Sponsorship by then?

As per my understanding,you must have Valid Sponsorship as well as Job offer to proceed with your Tier 2 General Visa from India or are you going to travel on Tourist visa and look for job in UK?

I am also in a doubt whether the Sponsorship and Job Offer needs to be from the Same Agency/ Employer or they can be different?

If you can give us a clue on what are the Job Interviews modes (Telephonic,Skype for a Candidate like me who are applying fro India and not UK)if the Employer or Agency is interested in your profile and would agree to offer you Sponsorship along with Job offer after successful interview.

Your Response and experience would be highly appreciated.

Warm Regards,
Nihar

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tricks used by recruitment agencies

Post by CR001 » Wed May 18, 2016 10:51 pm

niharshiplu wrote:Hi Neeraj,

I am applying for Jobs in UK from India like you and started very recently.

It may sound silly but I am a bit curious,how you are planning to move to UK within 1 month even if you don't get a job offer and Sponsorship by then?

As per my understanding,you must have Valid Sponsorship as well as Job offer to proceed with your Tier 2 General Visa from India or are you going to travel on Tourist visa and look for job in UK?

I am also in a doubt whether the Sponsorship and Job Offer needs to be from the Same Agency/ Employer or they can be different?

If you can give us a clue on what are the Job Interviews modes (Telephonic,Skype for a Candidate like me who are applying fro India and not UK)if the Employer or Agency is interested in your profile and would agree to offer you Sponsorship along with Job offer after successful interview.

Your Response and experience would be highly appreciated.

Warm Regards,
Nihar
You have posted in a topic that is 8 years old. Back in 2008, there were visas that DID NOT require a company sponsorship which allowed a migrant to work. These visa categories are no longer available to new migrants.

You now have to have a sponsor on the Home Office approved Tier 2 General sponsor list. Agencies CANNOT sponsor a visa and you are NOT ALLOWED to do contract work on a Tier 2 General visa, you can only work for the sponsoring company/employer. Only the sponsor can offer you a job.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.