ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Good Character Requirement fpn and caution

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

alkanalden
Newly Registered
Mood:

Good Character Requirement fpn and caution

Post by alkanalden » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:49 pm

Hi there,
I have received ILR in 2015 and going to apply for Naturalization in 2 days actually.
I have received a simple caution-which I will disclose in my application- in September 2015, therefore, I have waited 3 years.
However, I have received a FPN by Glasgow council for depositing litter (cigarettes) in November 2016 and I have paid the penalty.
Should I declare this FPN even though it has been 2 years? Any suggestions on the outcome of my application if I declared both above?

Also, the person issued the penalty put my first name incorrectly. My last name, address and date of birth was correct though and I paid via my bank account.

I am already worried about the caution, therefore, considering the facts above; I was wondering if I should declare a littering FPN. Would the caseworker have an access for such notice? (Giving the fact that it is not driving related)

Thanks everyone in advance... I am really stressed atm :(

hamzababy

Re: Good Character Requirement fpn and caution

Post by hamzababy » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:35 pm

alkanalden wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:49 pm
Hi there,
I have received ILR in 2015 and going to apply for Naturalization in 2 days actually.
I have received a simple caution-which I will disclose in my application- in September 2015, therefore, I have waited 3 years.
However, I have received a FPN by Glasgow council for depositing litter (cigarettes) in November 2016 and I have paid the penalty.
Should I declare this FPN even though it has been 2 years?
you can declare , not a problem. nothing serious , also its not a repeated offence ( happened once and you paid the fine ) its not like drunk driving or driving without insurance etc.. you will be fine , i had one fpn few months old when i applied naturalisation for not paying road tax to dvla.

alkanalden
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by alkanalden » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:45 pm

hamzababy wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:35 pm
alkanalden wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:49 pm
Hi there,
Should I declare this FPN even though it has been 2 years?
you can declare , not a problem. nothing serious , also its not a repeated offence ( happened once and you paid the fine ) its not like drunk driving or driving without insurance etc.. you will be fine , i had one fpn few months old when i applied naturalisation for not paying road tax to dvla.
Hello hamzababy and thanks a lot for your reply, its good news! I suppose you suggest me declate it instead of not? Can I ask you when have you applied? I have read after the changes they`ve made for the Good Character requirement, things are different.

Thanks again mate :)

hamzababy

Post by hamzababy » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:07 pm

i applied on 12/09/18

vaibhavg18mau

Post by vaibhavg18mau » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:00 pm

I would declare all FPNs. It wont affect you application unless you received multiple in last 12 months ( I think the number is 3 FPNs in last 12 months).

I had one FPN, I declared it and had no problems. Application was approved.