ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What do you say buddies...

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sandy rocks
Newly Registered

What do you say buddies...

Post by Sandy rocks » Thu May 22, 2008 6:47 pm

I am having almost 5 years experience in java j2ee and i was having well paid job in india before coming to UK.I want to make proper use of HSMP visa so took the risk of coming here without any job offer..

I had been looking for a job from past one months or so,had just 1 interview and that too unsucessful one. 30 % of jobs are from defense department and they expect me to clear SC ,30 % are from banks they want people with UK experiance,and another 40 % are for junior developer or graduate or localates.. i hear from few companies that they are not able to shortlist me as nature of the job requires the person to be localate or they are not able to shortlist me as am on HSMP visa...

it seems HSMP visa are just another way for income for UK gov...

herts
Member of Standing

Post by herts » Thu May 22, 2008 8:54 pm

Have some patience sandy you will get a good job in uk. Have you also mentioned in your cv that you can work anywhere in uk.

yewhongwei79

Post by yewhongwei79 » Fri May 23, 2008 9:17 am

Don't be surprised that many employers are not keen in hiring HSMP holders. Even this new VISA has been introduced for few years, there are still many companies who just do not understand the details of it. What they see is only this - "your visa is valid for 2 years only ... this is not good for the company ...", but they never consider the fact that, even if they hire a British Citizen/PR holder, those can leave anytime within 2 years period!

There are multiple stages that you have to plough through in order to get a job in UK, simply because of the conservatism and system in UK, especially if one has a very common job skill. You just need to be patient, give yourself a timeline, never let the negative mindset to intrude you!

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Fri May 23, 2008 9:37 am

Even this new VISA has been introduced for few years, there are still many companies who just do not understand the details of it.
Ask me, I spent all my free minutes on my mobile explaining to the agent and the HR about what HSMP is. They were very worried that if HSMP gives a person right to work in UK and if there will be any cost involved for them in future.

My advice would be for you to expand the locations that you are trying jobs for and also be flexible with your salary expectations. It is very akin to a fresh graduate looking for a job in India. But once you get a job and gain experience, the companies come after you...Good luck!

namastelondon

Post by namastelondon » Fri May 23, 2008 10:37 am

I got a positive feedback from a employer after a interview and they asked for my document/visa details. I sent scanned copy of my HSMP visa and approval form . They came back with the question that approval form does not say anything about the extension of the visa.
I was talking to the agency and they were talking to the employer. It was the agency which finally explained them about extension of visa.
I do see some employers are not aware of HSMP visa process and agents are in better position to explain them.