ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got two offers need advice

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

namastelondon

Got two offers need advice

Post by namastelondon » Fri May 23, 2008 8:38 am

Hi All
I need some guidance from you regarding domain. I have got two offers in entirely different skills and domain and needs guidance to chose a option.

1. Offer from XYZ company in .NET technologies
2. Offer from some other company in Embedded Aerospace techology.5K more than XYZ.

I do not have much experience about .Net, so just wanted to know how is the future/career in .NET(3.5). I am a embedded application programmer.Do we get contract position in .NET?

Please give ur imputs..

nshar1

Re: Got two offers need advice

Post by nshar1 » Sat May 24, 2008 9:48 pm

namastelondon wrote:Hi All
I need some guidance from you regarding domain. I have got two offers in entirely different skills and domain and needs guidance to chose a option.

1. Offer from XYZ company in .NET technologies
2. Offer from some other company in Embedded Aerospace techology.5K more than XYZ.

I do not have much experience about .Net, so just wanted to know how is the future/career in .NET(3.5). I am a embedded application programmer.Do we get contract position in .NET?

Please give ur imputs..
NamasteLondon,
My suggestion would be to stick to your expertise area. Here are my thoughts behind my suggestion:
1) With the bleak job market prospects for the next couple of months, it will be a less risky proposition to stick to area of your expertise.

2)I am assuming that you are new to this country. In a new country, where everything else is new, it will help to be an expert in something
you work on.

3)Switching over of technology may expose you to a risk of not liking the new technology. Most of the .NET and J2EE professionals start disliking their work within a couple of years.

4)Embedded technology, I am sure would be a niche area, where entry is more difficult and as such the experts command more respect and salary. In your case also you are being offered 5K more.

5)Contract positions and risky and difficult to search in this job market for any technology.

All the best and keep us informed of your choice!!