ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Supporting documents needed for spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

SKV01
Newly Registered

Supporting documents needed for spouse visa

Post by SKV01 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:59 am

Hi All,

First of all apologies if there is another topic like this but I couldn’t find it.

I’m a British citizen and self employed for last 3 years and planning to apply for a visa for my wife in India.

Can you guide on the documents needed for supporting the visa application please?

Thanks in Advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Supporting documents needed for spouse visa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:02 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Alam-
Mood:

Post by Alam- » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:57 pm

SKV01 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:59 am
Hi All,

First of all apologies if there is another topic like this but I couldn’t find it.

I’m a British citizen and self employed for last 3 years and planning to apply for a visa for my wife in India.

Can you guide on the documents needed for supporting the visa application please?

Thanks in Advance
For application process and documents required check home office website for spouse settlement visa. Financial requirement would be very critical for you because home office is very strict on self employed people, make sure you add all the documents required. Keep looking forums for further guidance.

SKV01
Newly Registered

Post by SKV01 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:37 pm

Sure. Thank You CR001 and Alam

SKV01
Newly Registered

Post by SKV01 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:07 am

Hi All,

I’m in bit of a confusion. Can we actually submit an online application, pay the fee and Book the appointment for the spouse visa before the wedding date?

Scenario: I’m planning to submit online application before 15th of this month, pay the fee and take an appointment in January first week.. but the wedding date is 24th..

Does it have any impact on the visa decision ?

Any suggestions are very helpful and much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:11 am

I presume you are applying for a spouse visa based on marriage. If you aren't married at the time of application and thus will not have a marriage certificate at the time of application, how would you prove you are married? Your application will certainly be refused.

Get married first then do all the application submission and support docs.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

SKV01
Newly Registered

Post by SKV01 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:17 am

Thanks Londoner007.

Yes. I want this apply spouse visa based on marriage. I will be getting a marriage certificate by the time of appointment date and also can include it as part of the application which will be posted to Sheffield.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:59 pm

You must apply and submit online after you are married. You cannot tick or say married if you are not, that is not the truth.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.