ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 dependent BRP delayed due to NiNo

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hbhartanto
Newly Registered

Tier 2 dependent BRP delayed due to NiNo

Post by hbhartanto » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:19 pm

Hi All,

My wife and I applied for Tier 2 Extension in the beggining of September 2018 (she's my dependent).
We have received a letter from UKVI (dated 26 October 2018) that our application was approved.
Couple of days later I got my BRP, but my wife hasn't until now.

When we enquire to the UKVI, they said that they are waiting for National Insurance Number (NiNo) confirmation from
Department of Work and Pensions. My wife does not have NiNo before we applied for Tier 2 extension (we did not know
that she has to have one since she's not working and not planning to work in the future).

According to the Tier 2 extension application that we filled out, if we dont have a NiNo, the Department of Work and Pensions
will allocate one. We have been waiting for about 1 month since we got the approval letter from UKVI.
Now, my questions are:

1.) Do I understand correctly that we don't have to do anything, and just wait?
(i.e. my wife does not have to apply for NiNo on her own)?

2.) Is there anyway we can contact UKVI or Department of Work and Pensions, to check
what my wife's NiNo application status/progress is?

3.) For those of you who had experienced this, how long typically does it take to get a NiNo?

Thank you!!

Cheers,
Bayu

srsw

Re: Tier 2 dependent BRP delayed due to NiNo

Post by srsw » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:32 pm

I'm in the same situation. Haven't heard from anyone on this forum yet.

Do let me know if you make any further progress with your wife's application.

ssabh4
Newly Registered

Post by ssabh4 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:51 am

Hi guys,

I'm in the exact same situation. Applied for a Tier-2 ICT extension for myself and my dependant spouse on 6th Sept. We received approval for both our applications on 25th October. I received my BRP shortly after. However, it has been over a month and my wife's BRP hasn't arrived yet. She too has not had a NINo before since she has not been employed.

Apparently, the Home Office documentation states that where an applicant does not have a NINo, the DWP allocates a new one using a "fast path" process and this is then sent to the HO to print on the BRP. No idea how long this takes though!!

Anyway, please let me know if any of you get any further updates or find a way to obtain a delivery timeline.

Many Thanks,
Suhail

srsw

Post by srsw » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:09 pm

I called DWP this morning to see if there was any record of my wife's NI application with them (via UKVI) but they couldn't find anything. The lady said that if my wife isn't looking for work then she won't be allocated an NI number. I explained the UKVI process and BRP requirement, but she didn't get it. Looks like we just need to wait and hope the BRP turns up.

Feel free to call DWP and provide update on what you find out from them... different agent can provide different update.

I'll contact BRP team next week as they asked me to wait for 15 more working days since I last contacted them.

ssabh4
Newly Registered

Post by ssabh4 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:17 pm

srsw wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:09 pm
I called DWP this morning to see if there was any record of my wife's NI application with them (via UKVI) but they couldn't find anything. The lady said that if my wife isn't looking for work then she won't be allocated an NI number. I explained the UKVI process and BRP requirement, but she didn't get it. Looks like we just need to wait and hope the BRP turns up.

Feel free to call DWP and provide update on what you find out from them... different agent can provide different update.

I'll contact BRP team next week as they asked me to wait for 15 more working days since I last contacted them.
Thanks for the update! Could you possibly share the DWP contact number with me please - I'll give calling them a shot.

I'll be contacting the HO again this Friday as it will be 15 days since I last contacted them.

Will keep you folks posted.

Cheers,
Suhail

srsw

Post by srsw » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:49 pm

I tried this number:

National Insurance number application line
Telephone: 0800 141 2075

Source: https://www.gov.uk/apply-national-insurance-number

junaid.ilyas
Newly Registered

Post by junaid.ilyas » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:30 pm

I'm in the same situation. Applied for an extension for my wife on 15th September, got the visa approval on 9th November and we're still waiting for the BRP. Upon contacting Home Office we were given the same reason as OP.

We're travelling abroad on 12th of this month and this is a trip we absolutely cannot miss. Now I'm worried that I won't get the BRP before that. I'm thinking about arranging someone to receive the BRP (will provide a debit card as ID) at our address and then post it abroad to us. Do you think it's a good idea?

Geunhye
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by Geunhye » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:08 pm

Same here. I asked to BRP delivery team and they replied that BRP generation is delayed due to the confirmation of DWP for National insurance number.
However, I have to receive my BRP for the emergent travel.
Anyone who receive BRP recently? And how long does it takes normally?

srsw

Post by srsw » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:29 pm

ssabh4 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:17 pm

Thanks for the update! Could you possibly share the DWP contact number with me please - I'll give calling them a shot.

I'll be contacting the HO again this Friday as it will be 15 days since I last contacted them.

Will keep you folks posted.

Cheers,
Suhail
Did you get any further updates?
Seems like no one in this scenario received BRP yet.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

ssabh4
Newly Registered

Post by ssabh4 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:31 pm

Hi guys,

Finally some good news! I checked for an update on Friday via the online link on the HO website as 15 working days had lapsed from when we got the previous update. Got an email today stating that the issue has been resolved and my wife’s BRP has been produced. It will be dispatched within the next 3-5 working days. So hoping to get it by the end of the week/early next week.

I really hope that it was a batch of dependant BRPs that was stuck and that DWP has provided NINOs to the HO. All the best to you guys.

I’ll get back as soon as I receive my wife’s BRP.

Cheers,
Suhail

srsw

Post by srsw » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:49 pm

ssabh4 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:31 pm
Hi guys,

Finally some good news! I checked for an update on Friday via the online link on the HO website as 15 working days had lapsed from when we got the previous update. Got an email today stating that the issue has been resolved and my wife’s BRP has been produced. It will be dispatched within the next 3-5 working days. So hoping to get it by the end of the week/early next week.

I really hope that it was a batch of dependant BRPs that was stuck and that DWP has provided NINOs to the HO. All the best to you guys.

I’ll get back as soon as I receive my wife’s BRP.

Cheers,
Suhail
That's great news! I just sent them an email today. Let's hope it's similar news here.

Cheers

Geunhye
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by Geunhye » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:31 pm

Anyone who has the update from the HO?

srsw

Post by srsw » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:18 pm

Geunhye wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:31 pm
Anyone who has the update from the HO?
They asked me to contact again after 15 working days :(

Geunhye
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by Geunhye » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:30 pm

OMG... :cry: It seems endless waiting.
I assum that BRP will not delivered within this year...

Rishkrb07
Newly Registered
India

Post by Rishkrb07 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:24 pm

Thanks Guys for the post and replies. I am in the same situation. Received mine but awaiting Spouse BRP.
Also I have a Q - Can I collect dependent's BRP?

srsw

Post by srsw » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:13 pm

Rishkrb07 wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:24 pm
Thanks Guys for the post and replies. I am in the same situation. Received mine but awaiting Spouse BRP.
Also I have a Q - Can I collect dependent's BRP?
I don't think the delivery guys are that particular. As long as you show them some valid photo ID proof, they would hand in the post. That's my experience anyway.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

hbhartanto
Newly Registered

Post by hbhartanto » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:48 am

Hi all,

A quick update here, my wife finally got her BRP delivered today.

To summarise our application timeline:

8 September 2018: Tier 2 online application submitted
12 September 2018: Submitted biometric details at the post office
26 October 2018: Received approval letters from UKVI for both our applications
30 October 2018: My BRP (main applicant) delivered
20 December 2018: My wife's BRP (dependent) delivered (with her new NiNo printed on the BRP)

Cheers,
Bayu

srsw

Post by srsw » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:52 pm

hbhartanto wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:48 am
Hi all,

A quick update here, my wife finally got her BRP delivered today.

To summarise our application timeline:

8 September 2018: Tier 2 online application submitted
12 September 2018: Submitted biometric details at the post office
26 October 2018: Received approval letters from UKVI for both our applications
30 October 2018: My BRP (main applicant) delivered
20 December 2018: My wife's BRP (dependent) delivered (with her new NiNo printed on the BRP)

Cheers,
Bayu
Thanks for the update.
I've received approval letter on 6th Nov, so hopefully it will arrive in first week of Jan or sooner.

Mugs
Newly Registered
India

Post by Mugs » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:51 pm

Thanks for sharing the details.

Can you kindly share, whether you had applied NI number for your wife or it automatically came through their process, because my wife BRP has also delayed and we are still waiting.

Appreciate your response. And

JaneyM
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by JaneyM » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:34 pm

Mugs wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:51 pm
Thanks for sharing the details.

Can you kindly share, whether you had applied NI number for your wife or it automatically came through their process, because my wife BRP has also delayed and we are still waiting.

Appreciate your response. And

I also would like to know the answer to this question, so am bumping this thread. It really is an important question, especially for those like me and other partners and dependents who have never worked in the UK, and had never applied for a NiNo, and whose BRPs are delayed (more than 6 weeks now since my daughter's and my dependent visa extension applications were approved - I don't have a NiNo and my daughter DOES have a NiNo, both BRPs delayed)

srsw

Post by srsw » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:16 pm

They will issue NI number as part of the BRP process. You don't need to apply separately if you already submitted your visa application.

Having said that, it makes sense to apply for NI number (mainly adults) well in advance before one submits their visa application to avoid such delays.

There may be general delays due to holiday season and/or high volume of applications (probably due to Brexit).

srsw

Post by srsw » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:54 am

Finally received my wife's BRP with NiNo printed. FYI, it's all done without us having to apply for NI number separately.

Nearly took 2 months extra time (compared to my BRP) due to NI number 🙄

sg9325
Newly Registered
India

Post by sg9325 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:35 pm

I'm the main applicant and my BRP delivery has also been delayed due to NINo verification. I received my decision letter on 1 December 2018, have been waiting since then. Not sure how long its going to take! I had applied for the priority 10 day service which said my BRP will be with me within 7-10 working days.
Not sure whats causing the delay, since I submitted my existing NINo.

srsw

Post by srsw » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:51 pm

sg9325 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:35 pm
I'm the main applicant and my BRP delivery has also been delayed due to NINo verification. I received my decision letter on 1 December 2018, have been waiting since then. Not sure how long its going to take! I had applied for the priority 10 day service which said my BRP will be with me within 7-10 working days.
Not sure whats causing the delay, since I submitted my existing NINo.
If you already have NiNo and mentioned it in the application then the delay maybe for other reasons. In our cases dependent (spouse) didn't have NiNo previously hence the delay.

mrlovaraj
Newly Registered
India

Post by mrlovaraj » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:58 am

Hi Guys,

I applied for RC BRP STANDARD but haven't get the BRP yet.. any idea on this ..? and received below information from HO office and every time they are saying default response "Yet to receive NINO confirmation in order to produce BRP and wait for 15 working days from this date."

Approved decision letter : Dec 5th 2018.

Supporting documents : 7 th Jan 2019.

Thanks,
Lovaraju.