ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 dependant pregnant

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

abramouk
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Tier 4 dependant pregnant

Post by abramouk » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:22 am

hello i am really confuse on what to do i am a tier 4 student and my dependant(wife) is pregnant and she is due for 2nd week of january till first week of february, and my course ending date is 19 january 2019 but my visa expired 20th of march. now i am suppose to enroll for another course by May 2019 in this case what do i do seeing that the gap between my expiring date and new starting program in May is above 28 days what do i do in this regards

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 4 dependant pregnant

Post by sah10406 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:08 am

You and your dependants will need to leave the UK on or before 20 March 2019.

You can apply in your home country for a new Tier 4 visa for the new course. Assuming your new course is one that allows students to have dependants, your wife and child can apply as your dependants.

For further advice, I recommend speaking to the international student adviser at your university. They can also refer you for immigration legal advice if there are real and compelling reasons why someone in your family cannot leave the UK on or before 20 March 2019. This would be compelling medical reasons, not simply the fact that it is inconvenient for you to leave the UK to make your new application. An immigration adviser can advise you on the very high costs of an outside the rules leave to remain application, plus immigration health surcharge.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

SamTiger
Mood:
India

Post by SamTiger » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:12 pm

It is highly critical you need to contact your university visa team. As your wife's delivery date is barely a month, you need to check with the airlines if they will allow your wife to travel. Airlines have specific rules on allowing passengers at the late stages of pregnancy. You have only few days to make a decision.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:09 am

SamTiger wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:12 pm
As your wife's delivery date is barely a month, you need to check with the airlines if they will allow your wife to travel. Airlines have specific rules on allowing passengers at the late stages of pregnancy. You have only few days to make a decision.
Why are you thinking OP's wife needs to travel urgently while still pregnant? OP's course doesn't end until 19 January 2019, and he and his dependant have leave to 20 March 2019. This allows time for the child to be born in late Jan or early Feb, and for OP and family to leave the UK before the end of his Tier 4 leave on 20 March.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

SamTiger
Mood:
India

Post by SamTiger » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:40 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:09 am
SamTiger wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:12 pm
As your wife's delivery date is barely a month, you need to check with the airlines if they will allow your wife to travel. Airlines have specific rules on allowing passengers at the late stages of pregnancy. You have only few days to make a decision.
Why are you thinking OP's wife needs to travel urgently while still pregnant? OP's course doesn't end until 19 January 2019, and he and his dependant have leave to 20 March 2019. This allows time for the child to be born in late Jan or early Feb, and for OP and family to leave the UK before the end of his Tier 4 leave on 20 March.
A bit of overthinking in my part after reading OP's query. Since OP's visa expiry and child due date are quite close, and OP has plans to apply for another course (pay fee, get CAS, maintenance amount, apply for visa, etc.), I thought it would be too much for one to handle. Air travel for newborn less than two months old is not advisable. Passport requirements for newborn, OP has to check with their embassy. Time is very short, so I thought it would be better to halve the emergencies at hand and focus on getting visa.