ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

The "Could you live outside the UK?" question

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

oldmankensey

The "Could you live outside the UK?" question

Post by oldmankensey » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:18 am

I'm currently waiting on an answer for my ILR application, so my stress/anxiety levels are already through the roof and halfway to Mars.

woke this morning thinking about this question. We answered 'yes' to this. Was this a really stupid thing to do? Surely they don't see that and decide "oh right, back to Argentina you go then!"

We understood this question to mean "are there any political/safety reasons that you need to live in the UK for?" but I've seen others on this forum answer this question with comments about financial/property ties to the UK, can't live anywhere else, etc.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: The "Could you live outside the UK?" question

Post by Djsuccess » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:49 pm

oldmankensey wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:18 am
I'm currently waiting on an answer for my ILR application, so my stress/anxiety levels are already through the roof and halfway to Mars.

woke this morning thinking about this question. We answered 'yes' to this. Was this a really stupid thing to do? Surely they don't see that and decide "oh right, back to Argentina you go then!"

We understood this question to mean "are there any political/safety reasons that you need to live in the UK for?" but I've seen others on this forum answer this question with comments about financial/property ties to the UK, can't live anywhere else, etc.
This must be a new question.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

michali
Member of Standing

Re: The "Could you live outside the UK?" question

Post by michali » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:18 pm

Not a new question. Maybe it depends on the type of ILR. Nothing wrong with your answer as I don’t think it makes any difference as long as you meet the requirements. If you don’t meet them, then they may consider humanitarian reasons for you to remain in the UK.