ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long can I live abroad if got British passport through Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ootum04
Newly Registered

How long can I live abroad if got British passport through Naturalisation

Post by ootum04 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:48 pm

Hi Value members,

I have a concern bugging me so much. I have got my British passport through naturalisation. Now I would like to go abroad to live and experience diff things. I also want to go back home for few years and sort out some work there. My questions is next:

1)- can they cancelled my passport or citizenship if I don’t stay in UK?

2) after few years if I come on holiday, are they gonna create any issues or something?

3) I am married to an Indian citizen with Indian passport! If ever we blessed with a baby born in a diff country, can my child be automatically consider as a British citizen aswell?

Will be very greatful to any reply in advance.

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: How long can I live abroad if got British passport through Naturalisation

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:59 pm

1. No.

2. No.

3. Child born abroad will be British by Descent.

There is no law that you must live in the UK once British for x amount of months or years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:04 pm

beaten to it by CR001
ootum04 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:48 pm
Hi Value members,

I have a concern bugging me so much. I have got my British passport through naturalisation. Now I would like to go abroad to live and experience diff things. I also want to go back home for few years and sort out some work there. My questions is next:

1)- can they cancelled my passport or citizenship if I don’t stay in UK? Like all British citizens you are free to come and go as you wish.

2) after few years if I come on holiday, are they gonna create any issues or something? as above

3) I am married to an Indian citizen with Indian passport! If ever we blessed with a baby born in a diff country, can my child be automatically consider as a British citizen aswell? I believe the child would be British by descent if born outside the UK, and could apply for a British passport.

Will be very greatful to any reply in advance.

Many thanks
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

ootum04
Newly Registered

Post by ootum04 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:43 pm

Many thanks 🙏

ootum04
Newly Registered

Post by ootum04 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:58 am

Even if I fly the next day after receiving my passport, that won’t be any issue! There is no any rules that I need to live in the uk for certain time before going and live somewhere else.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:45 am

ootum04 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:58 am
Even if I fly the next day after receiving my passport, that won’t be any issue! There is no any rules that I need to live in the uk for certain time before going and live somewhere else.
No!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ootum04
Newly Registered

Post by ootum04 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:42 pm

Thank you . Blessed