ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Shall I freeze my money in bank for the spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cactiscactus
Newly Registered
China

Shall I freeze my money in bank for the spouse visa

Post by cactiscactus » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:30 am

Hello People! Newbie here! I am just starting off with the spouse visa application, I have been in UK for 3 years on a Tier 4 and have lived with my partner for 2 years. I have £62,5000 saving in my bank account, so just wonder if I need to freeze the money for the application?

Thanks for the help!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Shall I freeze my money in bank for the spouse visa

Post by seagul » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:15 am

Deposit it in account for 6 months. But you will have to disclose its source of gaining.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

cactiscactus
Newly Registered
China

Post by cactiscactus » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:44 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:15 am
Deposit it in account for 6 months. But you will have to disclose its source of gaining.
Hello seagul! Thank you very much for your helpful advice! :D So does that mean it doesn't matter if the money is frozen or not, as what I need to do is to say where I got the money from?

Many thanks again! :D

Alam-
Mood:

Post by Alam- » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:01 pm

cactiscactus wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:30 am
Hello People! Newbie here! I am just starting off with the spouse visa application, I have been in UK for 3 years on a Tier 4 and have lived with my partner for 2 years. I have £62,5000 saving in my bank account, so just wonder if I need to freeze the money for the application?

Thanks for the help!
Home Office prefers current accounts where money can be withdrawn any time. If you have a savings account, you have to send in your bank conditions of how money can be withdrawn and if there is any extra charges on that, if there are any extra charges they will be deducted from your total savings. In short, keep it in current account and do not freeze it.
Show full money trail and source, do not miss anything. Good luck.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:23 am

No need to freeze anything, just make sure the amount does not drop below £62,500 for the 6 months before the application and also until a decision has been made
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:08 pm

cactiscactus wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:44 pm
seagul wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:15 am
Hello seagul! what I need to do is to say where I got the money from?
Yes. You will have to disclose its source.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.