ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re: SET (Protection) PLEASE HELP

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Uche
Newly Registered
Nigeria

CAN I APPLY FOR INDEFINITE LEAVE?

Post by Uche » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:58 pm

I have been in UK for over 11 years. I have a British wife and we have a baby.
I applied on 10 year route and my application is pending for over a year.
someone told me to apply for settlement using (set P) form.
My stay has ran out
Set P is mentioned on the home office website but the form is not there.
Can I still apply for ILR?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: CAN I APPLY FOR INDEFINITE LEAVE?

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:15 pm

No you cannot apply for ILR on form Set O, which is for refugees and those who were granted asylum and got a 5 year visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Uche
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Uche » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:48 am

I received a message on a forum saying that the home office is secretly giving a stay to people who have lived in UK for up to 10 years regardless of their status, as a compensation for Windrush scandals. They said you need to use set (p) form.
I have tried to use the set (p) form but it's not on the home office website anymore. I found the Nov 2018 version online but its not downloadable.
Has anyone here applied recently using set (p)? How do you get the form and do you applied because you've lived here for ten years without a visa, and I'm legally married here with a British citizen and we have a child.
Can I apply using set (p). HOW CAN I GET THE FORM?
Please help

livlivuk
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by livlivuk » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:42 am

I believe the senior members of this forum can advise if it is the right form or not. I think you can only apply online now on Set P based on what the website is saying and no paper forms but do clarify please.

https://www.gov.uk/settlement-refugee-o ... tion/apply

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:47 am

Uche wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:48 am
I received a message on a forum saying that the home office is secretly giving a stay to people who have lived in UK for up to 10 years regardless of their status, as a compensation for Windrush scandals. They said you need to use set (p) form.
I have tried to use the set (p) form but it's not on the home office website anymore. I found the Nov 2018 version online but its not downloadable.
Has anyone here applied recently using set (p)? How do you get the form and do you applied because you've lived here for ten years without a visa, and I'm legally married here with a British citizen and we have a child.
Can I apply using set (p). HOW CAN I GET THE FORM?
Please help
Please stop spamming the forum with the same question. You don't qualify for ILR on Set P.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/set-protecti ... l#p1714924
CR001 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:30 am
Uche wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:06 am
I received a message on a forum saying that the home office are giving stay to people who has lived in uk for up to 10 years as a compensation for Windrush scandals. They said you need to use set (p) form.
I have tried to use the set (p) form but its not on the home office website anymore. I found the Nov 2018 version online but its not downloadable.
Has anyone here applied recently using set (p)? How do you get the form and do you applied because you've lived here for ten years without a visa?
Please help
The message you are referring to is NOT true. There is no special concession by HO for people to apply for ILR 'as compensation for windrush'. They are scam messages being sent around on whatsapp. You do not qualify for Set P ILR as you are not a person holding a 5 year refugee residence card.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.