ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Date of ILR application for Priority Service under new system

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hassanhassan
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Date of ILR application for Priority Service under new system

Post by hassanhassan » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:14 pm

Hi,

Sorry about posting this again if someone has already answered it, but I am looking to have an answer with regards to new system. I am currently on a tier 2 (general) visa, and my 5 year period for ILR is completing on 28th January. Considering it is difficult to get appointment, I submitted online application on 21st November, and later got an appointment for 2nd January 2019, which comes within 28 day period. I also confirmed with Home Office by phone, that the date of PSC appointment will be considered as my date of application because thats when decision will be made.
However it seems there is some confusion with regards to the new system and I am getting confusing messages, and I want to confirm with someone who has got ILR with new system that "Is the date of appointment with PSC still considered as date of application in the new system". Has anyone got a similar experience when he/she actually got the visa while in the same situation as me?
Your help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Hassan.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Date of ILR application for Priority Service under new system

Post by zimba » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:35 am

Forget the PSCs. The PSC are closed now and a UKVCAS center is NOT a replacement for a PSC :!: :!:
The day you apply online now is the day of your application. You must apply when you are eligible only. The case workers however very likely apply discretion and use the date of the decision making in favour of the applicants instead.
Also there is no same day process at all. The UKVCAS is simply a front that collects docs/biometrics. All applications will be sent to UKVI for processing
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

hassanhassan
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by hassanhassan » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:22 pm

Thank you very much.
I tried to proceed with refund, but when I contacted ILR phone, they mentioned that date of appointment will be the date of application. I have decided to give it a go, and will let you know about the outcome.

Thanks again.

yasheerkhan
Newly Registered

Post by yasheerkhan » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:18 am

HI,

I am in the same boat applied 10 days early. I have appointment on 13 Dec 18.

I will let you know the outcome.

Thanks

hassanhassan
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by hassanhassan » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:18 pm

Thanks a lot.

moizjamila
Newly Registered

Post by moizjamila » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:50 pm

hassanhassan wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:14 pm
Hi,

Sorry about posting this again if someone has already answered it, but I am looking to have an answer with regards to new system. I am currently on a tier 2 (general) visa, and my 5 year period for ILR is completing on 28th January. Considering it is difficult to get appointment, I submitted online application on 21st November, and later got an appointment for 2nd January 2019, which comes within 28 day period. I also confirmed with Home Office by phone, that the date of PSC appointment will be considered as my date of application because thats when decision will be made.
However it seems there is some confusion with regards to the new system and I am getting confusing messages, and I want to confirm with someone who has got ILR with new system that "Is the date of appointment with PSC still considered as date of application in the new system". Has anyone got a similar experience when he/she actually got the visa while in the same situation as me?
Your help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Hassan.
---------------------
Exactly on the same boat as you, even in my case the qualifying period starts from 1st Jan and 5 years completed on 28-01-2019. I have applied on 12th Dec and got appointment on 07th Jan18 at Manchester Office. Please do let me know your outcome as I don't think we can get refund now if we cancel. I am waiting for Yasheer Bhai response as well.

Moiz

Jayrose17
South Africa

Post by Jayrose17 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:58 am

Same boat. Did application 2nd November. Booked 22nd December. Qualify 19th December 28 days before expiry 15th January. So three days till premium lounge appointment Saturday.
I am stressed beyond belief regards the timings even though my biometrics and docs will be submitted correctly.
Anyone got decision yet???
Thanks

Jayrose17
South Africa

Post by Jayrose17 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:02 am

Yasheerkhan have you got an answer on application yet?? 13th December

oldmankensey

Post by oldmankensey » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:04 am

There are many of us in the same boat, I think probably c.25 on this forum alone.

There are quite a few that have already been accepted under these circumstances. I am SET(M) myself so am more focused on that and there have been THREE SET(M) acceptances despite application date being before qualification.

I have not yet read about anyone being rejected for this reason - it seems the appointment date is the one (currently) being considered as the more important, possibly because the switch to the new system has created a large number of these situations.

Some more reading for you:

indefinite-leave-to-remain/submitted-on ... 67755.html

indefinite-leave-to-remain/submitted-da ... 67084.html

moizjamila
Newly Registered

Post by moizjamila » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:04 am

yasheerkhan wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:18 am
HI,

I am in the same boat applied 10 days early. I have appointment on 13 Dec 18.

I will let you know the outcome.

Thanks
------------------------
Any update on your application ?

Yemi1984
Newly Registered

Post by Yemi1984 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:08 pm

Jayrose17 wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:02 am
--------
I'm in the very same boat. Applied online for ILR set M on the 12th of December 2018 but not eligible till the 16th of january even tho I have booked my appointment for the 17th of january at sopra service. Lots of conflicting information about application date and appointment date. Seems like most people who have applied outside the maturity period haven't been refused on that ground.
Seems alot of people are in the same situation

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:11 pm

Yemi1984 wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:08 pm
Jayrose17 wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:02 am
--------
I'm in the very same boat. Applied online for ILR set M on the 12th of December 2018 but not eligible till the 16th of january even tho I have booked my appointment for the 17th of january at sopra service. Lots of conflicting information about application date and appointment date. Seems like most people who have applied outside the maturity period haven't been refused on that ground.
Seems alot of people are in the same situation
Can you please stop spamming the forum with tagging the same post in every topic you find!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Yemi1984
Newly Registered

Post by Yemi1984 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:13 pm

Apologies, I'm new to this and not sure how it works yet but noted. Sorry.

hassanhassan
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by hassanhassan » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:40 pm

Hi All,

I have successfully got my ILR despite having confusion with the online submission and appointment date. My detailed timeline was as below:

Date from which my 5-year period started: January 28th, 2014;
Eligibility to apply : January 01 2019;
Date of Online application: November 21, 2018;
Date of Appointment @ Sopra Steria Croydon London: Jan 02, 2019;
Date I received approval email: Jan 02, 2019 17.00 pm.
Decision Letter received by post: Jan 05, 2019.

My case was quite straight forward, as I never changed my employer in 5 years. Also my employer gave all details about my foreign travels.
One thing which (I think) helped me for the same day decision (within 3-4 hours) was the document checking/verification service of Sopra Steria which costed £35, and the person there told me that all documents are already verified. So I recommend using that (of course it could still vary from case to case).
I also attached a cover letter describing the confusion around online submission and appointment date.

Hope this is helpful to a few other people like me here.

Thanks,
Hassan.