ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Set (O) UKVCAS - Original Documents and Change in postal address

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aubajwa

ILR Set (O) UKVCAS - Original Documents and Change in postal address

Post by aubajwa » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:30 am

Hello,

For the UKVCAS standard appointment (£60 fee).

Can somebody please confirm:

a) If at the appointment, I have to handover my original passport and BRP.
My understanding is that they will check all documents originals , that I have uploaded, and will return all documents back. (However, they will keep and post the passport and BRP to case worker ?)
May be they also keep original letter of Life in the UK test ?

b) We intend to change the house in January and so our postal address will change. At the moment , not sure what could be the address of new location.
How can I contact UKBA later and request to change the postal address (in case if decision is not confirmed before 15 January 2019).

Note: On the online application submission, they specifically mentioned, that if applicant now intend to change anything on the application form ‘He must submit a new application form’?
Does that mean, just for postal address change I have to pay the whole application fees again?

Regards

ilovethebeatles

Re: ILR Set (O) UKVCAS - Original Documents and Change in postal address

Post by ilovethebeatles » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:43 am

They will only scan your passports (regardless of you having uploaded or not) and take your biometrics. In theory, the should check all your original documents against what are uploaded but they did not. You however should bring all of them, just in case.

Upload all documents before appointment to save time and also avoid missing documents (due to staff mistakenly skipping them).

aubajwa

Re: ILR Set (O) UKVCAS - Original Documents and Change in postal address

Post by aubajwa » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:56 pm

Thanks

But anybody know on the issue of changing the postal address later on the application form ?