ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I apply Naturalization? Exceptional case.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Avy18
Newly Registered
India

Can I apply Naturalization? Exceptional case.

Post by Avy18 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:10 am

Dear Senior member of this forum,
Could you please guide me thru as per my immigration history.
I had a family of three me, my wife and my son. Unfortunately my wife got separated (not legally) from me this year and started living at different address.
Now its just me and my son who is(British). I am sole single parent now as she live 200 miles away from both of us.
In September 2018 she reported to home office about separation luckily my 10 years we completed just before I received a letter from HO that spouse leave to remain curtailed. I successfully applied Set LR based on 10 years and received my visa in November 2018.
Based on this situation could you please guide me as I am single parent and sole carer of British Citizen can I apply for naturalization early as an exceptional case.
Many Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Can I apply Naturalization? Exceptional case.

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:13 am

If you are still married to a British citizen, you can apply as the spouse of British citizen, there is no requirement to be living together. If your spouse won't assist with her documents, then you will have to wait 1 year on ILR.

No route to apply for citizenship based on parent of British child.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.