ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

citizenship calculating problems

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

zaza7625
Member of Standing
Georgia

Citizenship calculation

Post by zaza7625 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:30 pm

Hi all
Please let me know what application date means on calculation checker, where can they i get the application date, i have not applied for citizenship yet and accordingly i do not have any application date if any i need it, so once again, please let me know what application date mean and where from i can get it.
Thanks

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Citizenship calculation

Post by max307 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:32 pm

zaza7625 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:30 pm
Hi all
Please let me know what application date means on calculation checker, where can they i get the application date, i have not applied for citizenship yet and accordingly i do not have any application date if any i need it, so once again, please let me know what application date mean and where from i can get it.
Thanks
Application date is the date you are planning to apply for naturalisation, basically the day you are planning to post your completed application to INIS.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

alexkiran
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by alexkiran » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:48 pm

It is not a date of the post, it's a date of signature of your application with your solicitor. That's important! If you will sign before the right period of time your application will be declined. No matter when you post it.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:29 pm

max307 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:32 pm
zaza7625 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:30 pm
Hi all
Thanks
Application date is the date you are planning to apply for naturalisation, basically the day you are planning to post your completed application to INIS.
That's not correct. The application date is when your solicitor witnesses your signature. They don't really care when you actually post the application.

zaza7625
Member of Standing
Georgia

citizenship calculating problems

Post by zaza7625 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:38 pm

Hi all.
I have been struggling with citizenship calculator by entering there right details.
At the end of the calculating process when I press calculate,it shows me that residency is OK but something wrong with continuous reckonable residence. When I am trying to put application date on top of the page e.g. 18/12/2018, it pops down on the right corner where shows me with a small letters 18/12/2009 instead of 18/12/2018. I dont understand why this 2009 comes from, as I noticed I have 5 years residency already.
please let me know if you know how to manage with that.

Thanks

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: citizenship calculating problems

Post by littlerr » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:14 pm

Sounds like an issue with your regional setting on your computer. Try it on your phone or someone else's computer and see if you get the same result.