ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship – Refused due to Bankruptcy but never been declared bankrupt

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

AndreiBurgh
Newly Registered
Romania

British Citizenship – Refused due to Bankruptcy but never been declared bankrupt

Post by AndreiBurgh » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:49 pm

Hi everyone,

I ve just been refused to naturalisation due to bankruptcy, but I ve never been bankrupted.
I can’t really find an explanation.
Can somebody advise me, please? I want to fill a reconsideration form, but I don’t know how to demonstrate that I have not been declared bankrupt ever. Many thanks!

Dave12560
BANNED
Hong Kong

Post by Dave12560 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:09 pm

when did you apply and what exect wordding for refusal

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British Citizenship – Refused due to Bankruptcy but never been declared bankrupt

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:06 am

Have you checked the Insolvency Register to see if your name is there??

Have you had large debts at all and a creditor applied for your bankruptcy that you maybe don't know about (yes, they can do this)??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: British Citizenship – Refused due to Bankruptcy but never been declared bankrupt

Post by Djsuccess » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:35 pm

AndreiBurgh wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:49 pm
Hi everyone,

I ve just been refused to naturalisation due to bankruptcy, but I ve never been bankrupted.
Can somebody advise me, please? I want to fill a reconsideration form, but I don’t know how to demonstrate that I have not been declared bankrupt ever. Many thanks!
Check here to see if your name is there;
https://www.insolvencydirect.bis.gov.uk/eiir/

Also, check your credit report to be sure you have not been a victim of identity theft.

And as CR001 has said, check if you have any debt and issue with any creditor that might have caused this.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

reyy381
Newly Registered

Post by reyy381 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:41 pm

Hi. Can u please tell me the exact wordings of your refusal letter. Because i think even if u declare bankrupt and it was not your fault then u can proof it by explain them that u have no further restriction on bankruptcy which proofs it was not ur fault then u will get nationality if u r bankruptcy discharged.

AndreiBurgh wrote:
Hi everyone,

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:26 pm

reyy381 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:41 pm
Hi. Can u please tell me the exact wordings of your refusal letter. Because i think even if u declare bankrupt and it was not your fault then u can proof it by explain them that u have no further restriction on bankruptcy which proofs it was not ur fault then u will get nationality if u r bankruptcy discharged.

AndreiBurgh wrote:
Hi everyone,

Do you have a specific issue relating to an application you have made - you posted twice about the same topic.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.