ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Domestic violence and perpetrators application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Wobbles
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Domestic violence and perpetrators application

Post by Wobbles » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:50 am

Hi guys,

I'm reading here for quiet a while but now really would like to have some questions answered.

I'm a EU national married since 2 years to a non EU National and we have 2 children in primary age who are both EU Nationals. We have been together more then 10 years and he had 2x a 5 year residence permit granted. He couldn't get indefinite leave to remain as my employment history had some gaps. Now it came to light that shortly before he married me he also entered a marriage with a Malaysian national in Thailand (it was a Muslim religious marriage only) but I wasn't aware that time of it. It came out shortly after we married here. After it came out I wanted to leave him but he threatened to take out children to his country and I would never see them again so I stayed and started plotting. I now have a job but he doesn't allow me to work a lot of hours but I arranged with my employer that I can increase if need be. I also rang the ncdv and arranged to go to court next week to obtain a without notice occupation, non molestation and prohibitive steps order. He is currently planning to apply again for indefinite leave to remain even though he still got 2.5 years on his current residence card left. He paid an accountant to fill in my employment gaps so he can prove I was working for a continuous time of 5 years which in fact I didn't. He also paid the same accountant to fill in employment gaps for missing periods of his last residence card so basically it was obtained fraudulently. Would it be possible to have his residence card cancelled on those grounds? Would he be able to obtain a new one as he fraudulently obtained another one? And would he be able to stay here on his own right (continouesly here for 14 years) ? I'm not able to prove that the marriage in Thailand took place. I do have invite letters from her and her payslips etc which he used to obtain a visa to enter Malaysia but nothing that says they are married. I know though that they tried to register the marriage officially in Malaysia which they didn't do but they have been to court but I suppose it would be near impossible to obtain anything from there.
I'm also planning to report him to the police regarding the work history fraud and domestic violence and also planning to contact home office and HMRC. I would really like to know though where I'm standing regarding his immigration status and the likelihood of him beeing allowed to stay in the UK. Thanks a lot for all answers

Obie
Ireland

Re: Domestic violence and perpetrators application

Post by Obie » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:00 pm

Where is the domestic violence, and have you reported that to the police?
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors