ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need advice for ILR SET-O Application Correction

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mohan_uk
Newly Registered

Need advice for ILR SET-O Application Correction

Post by mohan_uk » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:30 pm

Hi,

I'm a naturalized British citizen and my wife is eligible for ILR and her appointment is booked for tomorrow - 17/12/2018 with the new process/ super priority visa

We have filled in the SET-O form application incorrectly (In the section where it asks the person whom you are joining has been filled with her details rather than my details). I was going through the application today to double check everything and realised that section is filled out wrong and I would like to correct it to my details before I submit the application tomorrow. Since the application is made online and at the end of the application it asks you to make the payment and now i have no option to edit the application and reprint it.

I can correct the application which I have and submit it tomorrow, but that would differ from the online applicaiton made. If I do that is there going to be a problem or what is the process to make this correction properly?

Any help/guidance would be much apprectiated.

Thanks.

--
Regards,
Mohan

Casa

Re: Need advice for ILR SET-O Application Correction

Post by Casa » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:15 pm

The printed application form allows any corrections to be made to the online submission.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

mohan_uk
Newly Registered

Post by mohan_uk » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:47 pm

Hi Casa,

Thank you for your reply, does the correction of printed application apply for the new service centre process ?

In the email which has been sent after the fee payment it said any correction to the application has to be done via a new application. will i be able to upload the corrected application as part of the document upload ?

I have also been suggested that I can upload the corrected application form and a covering letter referring the correction in application should be fine. do you think it should be alright ?

Thanks.

--
Regards,
Mohan

mohan_uk
Newly Registered

Post by mohan_uk » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:54 am

Hi Guys,

Our ILR application got approved.

I can confirm that if you have made a mistake in the online application, you can correct the errors in the downloaded application and upload the corrected application along with the other documents in the new ukvcas service. i also mentioned that in the covering letter that a mistake was made in the online application and requesting them to accept my corrected application.

Thanks.

AmyNar
Newly Registered
India

Post by AmyNar » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:53 pm

Hi Mohan

We have managed to do the same mistake as was the case with your wife's application. In this case, I am due to apply for my ILR with appointment on the 8th Jan 2019. I have submitted the online form already and was checking- it today only to realise the error made.
Can I ask,
1. Did you print the updated application and took with with you for the appointment along with the cover letter, stating the error?
2. Did you upload the updated application and cover letter on Steria sapora as well as carried the paper version of it on the day of the appointment
3. Can you share the cover letter used please
4. Also how did sapora steria handled the whole situation? I have sent an email this morning to UKVI but they have not been useful as they have said that updates on the online submitted form is not possible.

Any further information/clarification would be highly useful to rectify the error made,
Many thanks in advance

GopinathGopz
Newly Registered
India

Post by GopinathGopz » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:08 pm

Hi,

I too managed to make the same error as mentioned by Mohan in the Online Set (O) Application. Below are the steps i did after i found the mistake.

1) Download the Submitted PDF application Form
2) Edit the Fields where you have made mistake and put in the correct details.
3) Upload this PDF in the UKVAS website where we upload supporting documents.
4) Write a Covering letter stating the mistake and steps you have taken to rectify the mistake.

These are the maximum you can do if you have submitted the online application and have paid for it. The Case worker should consider your request as long as you meet the requirements for the application.

Kind Regards,