ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel outside of UK while ILR application is awaiting

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

auslanderlh
Newly Registered

Travel outside of UK while ILR application is awaiting

Post by auslanderlh » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:30 pm

Hello guys,

I fond some information from the forum mentioned that if you are travelling outside of common area (UK and Ireland) while waiting for your VISA application, your application will treat as withdraw.

In my case, I use the super priority service of ILR application and have my passport and BRP card back already. However, I am still waiting for the decision of application. In such a case, can I travel outside of UK without treating as the withdraw of application?

The winter in the UK is so bad and make you want to escape to somewhere sunny :)

user1981
Newly Registered

Re: Travel outside of UK while ILR application is awaiting

Post by user1981 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:00 pm

> travelling outside of common area (UK and Ireland) while waiting for your VISA application, your application will treat as withdraw

could somebody refer to the HO documents about this?

I saw only the evidence that withdrawal of the documents with purpose of travel or re-entring without valid documents will lead to refusal, or entering with visitor documents instead of working documents will do the same effect.

So, as far as I understood, if you extend you Tier 2 stay before applying to the ILR or if you are dependand, you may re-enter to the UK. Please correct me with link to the documents if I am wrong.
Sure if you left UK without valid stay, the 3C section will end and if you enter with tourist/visitor visa you are in trouble.